Motivation

Options
Im 230 lbs . i want to lose 60 lbs . but i want to start with losing 30 lbs in 90 days. Ughh im having a hard time staying motivated

Replies

• robydoby803
    robydoby803 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I feel you. I'm always motivated after I eat something crappy. I actually love going to the gym, but i only have the motivation on the weekends. I know the result will make it worth it, but it doesn't help either living with my picky *kitten* husband and 6 year old who lives on chicken nuggets and pizza. I enjoy healthy food but hate just cooking for myself.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is a mind game, change your mind, change your body. So just change a couple of things every week. Keep it simple and doable. Drink more water. Clean out your pantry and make a YOUR FOOD area. I have a teenager that isn't really into eating what I want to eat, neither is husband. So if I am really hungry I EAT FIRST then fix for them. If I am ok I eat a snack while playing CHEF for them. It's not MY job to change my husband's eating patterns. I have a cubby hole kind of set up, bookshelf. Just pick out 2 or so items for each area. I have found that if I have too many choices I tend to ignore it all. I have bought snacks that address many different kinds of wants: salty is some 100 calorie bags of popcorn, sweet is some 80% chocolate squares, creamy cold is some Skinny Cow mint sandwiches, crunchy is some nuts and granola. This is a great program logging and keeping accountable. You can look at my diary to get some ideas. :-)
  • Breannarosebrooks
    Breannarosebrooks Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks that was very helpful. Does it make a big difference switching from white bread to wheat bread?
  • Annr
    Options
    Thanks that was very helpful. Does it make a big difference switching from white bread to wheat bread?

Well for me switching to a heartier bread keeps me fuller. The denser the better! I love Franz Great Seed and Dave's Killer Bread. That, plus some peanut butter, and I am good to go in the morning:-)
  • Breannarosebrooks
    Breannarosebrooks Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    So like 100% whole wheat or just wheat would work?
  • wacky2016
    wacky2016 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It does but all bread not good for you
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    wacky2016 wrote: »
    It does but all bread not good for you

Bread that has green fuzz on it would be not good, yes
  • wacky2016
    wacky2016 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Auto correct lol
  • Annr
    Options
    Whole grain has all the wheat parts, (bran, germ, and endsperm). I try to just get breads that say whole in the wording.
  • HandyQ
    HandyQ Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi
  • EDs3000
    EDs3000 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Keeping workin hard. Remember your goal when falling into bad habits.. your awesome. "Be great"
  • CocoaDrea
    CocoaDrea Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much in the same boat. Trying to lose 60 pounds as well. I've cut out soda completely,that helps alot. It's hard but I try and I do mean try to stay away from fast food & sweets. The key for me is even when I slip up I work it off and try to do better the next day. Oh and forced myself to make excercise a habit.