Medically weight gain

Options
I recently had back surgery in October and found out I had a heart issue in the process. Because of this I gained 20 pounds in about 6 months. In really hoping that this will help. My confidence is lower than ever. I'm not a huge girl. But I have a petite frame. 5.5 and 145 right now. My usual weight is 125-130.

Replies

• amymariajames
    amymariajames Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    No worries we are all there for you!!!!
  • mcilannawain
    mcilannawain Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I was on steroids off and on for asthma. Lost a lot with weight watchers. Started a new med- not steroids and weight started to creep back up. Then got injured. Trying this new app instead of paying for WW. Having medical issues makes it hard. Just get started then don't give up! It took me a year last time on WW just to lose 10 pounds. Why? Because every time I'd lose I'd end up needing a steroid for a flareup and I'd gain back 5 pounds in 2 days. Was very frustrating but eventually I made my goal. I now have 5 pounds to lose again. What I learned was it's probably 80% diet and 20% exercise. You can lose not exercising. You just have to be more rigid in your calorie counting. I too recently had an injury- actually 2 injuries- both feet tendinitis from over exercising. So went from +++ to nil. That's how I gained the 5 after being same weight 3 years. Accept where you are now, love yourself for being willing to make healthy goals then do a day at a time, a week at a time. As long as you're moving in the right direction you'll get there!
  • WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I think you'll find lots of people here who are successfully losing weight in the face of medical challenges, even challenges that keep them from exercising. The good news is that you're taking steps before you've gained very much weight. Lots of us here arrived needing to lose 100+ pounds! If we can do it, you know you can lose 15 or so. Congratulations for starting early!
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    Can you walk pain free? or swim? Or bike? any exercise allowed?
    If you watch your calories it shouldn't take too long to drop those 20 lbs.