Feeling apprehensive

Options
2»

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Just to add to @elphie754's post. Weighing daily can be off putting for some as there are lots of fluctuations.

These are normal, TOM, a little extra salt, weight lifting, all add water weight and can hide the fact that you have actually lost some fat.

A lot of people get a weight trend app that evens out the numbers over time.

Daily weighing will help you understand your own monthly weight trends.

Cheers, h.
  • katej37
    katej37 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    kittykirk wrote: »
    momo_t90 wrote: »
    How often should I weigh myself also. Thank use for ur help

It depends on what kind of person you are. I a bit of a math nerd so I like to weigh myself everyday and see the fluctuations of my weight. Others find that discouraging so they weigh themselves once a week. That provides a more steady line on the graph. You could weigh yourself once or twice a month if you wanted to. It's whatever you want.

I weighed myself today and I've put on a lb from yesterday so I'm doing something wrong

You are not doing anything wrong. Weight fluctuates daily. Some days I weigh more than others so long as my weekly weigh ins show a loss or a stay the same then I'm happy. I am a daily weigher but the only weight that counts each week is my wednesday one. x
  • ValkyrieNereid
    ValkyrieNereid Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    OP: I wish you all the best and I'm proud of you for wanting to be healthier and happier. :)

Just to be on the safe side though, I think it's important when we're all putting so much emphasis on weighing and measuring and calorie deficits and control that we are also mindful of the warning signs of disordered eating. For most people it's not an issue, but for those of us for whom it does start to slide into something darker: http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/types-symptoms-eating-disorders I only share this because I have gone through it myself.
  • kittykirk
    kittykirk Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    katej37 wrote: »
    momo_t90 wrote: »
    How often should I weigh myself also. Thank use for ur help

It depends on what kind of person you are. I a bit of a math nerd so I like to weigh myself everyday and see the fluctuations of my weight. Others find that discouraging so they weigh themselves once a week. That provides a more steady line on the graph. You could weigh yourself once or twice a month if you wanted to. It's whatever you want.

I weighed myself today and I've put on a lb from yesterday so I'm doing something wrong

You are not doing anything wrong. Weight fluctuates daily. Some days I weigh more than others so long as my weekly weigh ins show a loss or a stay the same then I'm happy. I am a daily weigher but the only weight that counts each week is my wednesday one. x

Ok ill keep my weigh in day to a Friday maybe that will be better