Started losing when I started maintaining.

Options
odd, me thinks. I stop logging and caring so much how many calories is in a days eating, not excersizing as much as I was and voila - started losing weight again. Logged the last few days and I am eating more than I was on a deficit, but I am eating more raw, fermented, and sourdoughs, and getting extra minerals - feeling good and not stressing is great.

Replies

• Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Not odd, there's a scientific explanation in there. I would hazard a guess that you were holding onto water for repair after your workouts, which the body has now released.
    Also, it takes a while for the body to release fat from the cells, it's a shame you've gone off counting, as you need to be patient with this game!
    I'm on day 56 of a slow cut and the two pounds I should have lost have only come off in the last couple of days.
    I held out because it always takes a couple of months for my body to get the message. I diet very very slowly, a quarter of a pound a week.

Get back to counting, do as much exercise as you fancy, eat the correct calories back, wait for the body to catch up.
  • klove808
    klove808 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Makes sense. Yeh, overall I don't feel as bloated/ swollen. Wow two months, does take a bit eh. Still learning the ropes of conscientious eating/training.
  • Springfield1970
    Options
    klove808 wrote: »
    Makes sense. Yeh, overall I don't feel as bloated/ swollen. Wow two months, does take a bit eh. Still learning the ropes of conscientious eating/training.

Yes, it's a work in progress. I learnt most when I made mistakes!
    As long as you're on a journey that's all that matters.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Once you cut back on exercise the glycogen stores let go of water hence an apparent weight loss....
  • klove808
    klove808 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    ...and the illusion continues...;)! Well did some hiking for the last few days- the swollen feeling is coming back. Just gonna stay away from the scales for a week to not let it all get to the ole noggin.
  • Springfield1970
    Options
    Embrace the exercise water weight! Just take it into account.

Remember, it's just fat you want to target, and you do that with your sensible calorie deficit.

You actually want to be pumped up, full of food, full of glycogen and repairing, and low fat.
  • Dvdgzz
    Dvdgzz Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Listen to these ladies. Very knowledgeable!
  • veggiecanner
    veggiecanner Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I got tired of eating so little so I decided to maintain for a while , I started adding 100 calories a week and I am loosing better than when I was eating at a deficit. I did get a bike and started riding most every day. So that may be it, but I may start adding 200- 300 a week to stop the loss quicker. I did start the maintance 10 pounds ahead of time just in case I didn't start loosing fast enough. I 'm consitering this a practice maintanace ao that's alright.
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    They say that as you lose weight you have to readjust your calories and eat less to continue losing (especially when getting close to goal weight as you have less room for error). For me it's been different. Every couple of months I'd increase my calories and I'd keep losing.