What are your preferred super-foods?

Options
kittenonmars
kittenonmars Posts: 20 Member
edited March 2016 in Food and Nutrition
You know.. those allegedly awesome foods that is said to improve your health in all sorts of ways :) Just wondering what you all eat that you feel gives you that extra push towards living well(even if it's just placebo) :p

For me its:

1. Turmeric. I have known numerous people with arthritis who ate this for about a month and then claimed their pain had miraculously disappeared or decreased. I don't have athritis, but I eat this because i love the taste and I don't mind the potential healthy benefits.

2. Green tea. It makes me feel awesome whenever I drink it, so yea!

3. Chocolate or cacao nibs. Antioxidants and deliciousness all in one! :D

(4). I got some Moringa powder from someone. I am yet to eat it regularly(havent found a good use yet, as the tea version isnt that tasty), so I don't know if it actually helps anything, but just added this in there because it's an interesting thing. It's got a crapload of vitamin and micro nutrients in it o_o

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    You know.. those allegedly awesome foods that is said to improve your health in all sorts of ways :)Just wondering what you all eat that you feel gives you that extra push towards living well(even if it's just placebo) :p

For me its:

1. Turmeric. I have known numerous people with arthritis who ate this for about a month and then claimed their pain had miraculously disappeared or decreased. I don't have athritis, but I eat this because i love the taste and I don't mind the potential healthy benefits.

(4). I got some Moringa powder from someone. I am yet to eat it regularly(havent found a good use yet, as the tea version isnt that tasty), so I don't know if it actually helps anything, but just added this in there because it's an interesting thing. It's got a crapload of vitamin and micro nutrients in it o_o

Superfood is just a marketing tool/phrase.
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Mycophilia wrote: »
    This is a super food.

g6386z3hony7.jpeg

That looks like a kids art project.

I love bacon but gag.

What's inside it?
  • gte149n
    gte149n Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    _SKIM_ wrote: »
    This is a super food.

g6386z3hony7.jpeg

I love bacon but gag.

What's inside it?

superb foods
  • Qskim
    Options
    Pea and ham soup be nice.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Bacon.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Blue berry ice cream
  • Qskim
    Options
    gte149n wrote: »
    _SKIM_ wrote: »
    This is a super food.

g6386z3hony7.jpeg

I love bacon but gag.

What's inside it?

superb foods

Ha, I just got that.

God I'm slow.

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think allegedly, that is said to, and placebo, are keywords here. My idea of healthy eating is balance and variety - eating some food from every food group every day, eating food I like in appropriate amounts.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Carbs. And cheese. And meat. Lots of meat. Bell peppers.

Tomorrow maybe something else.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    A fresh hot cup of joe. It does so many things, if you catch my drift.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    All of my food is pretty super.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,087 Member
    Options
    Nope, no superfoods for me OP.

There are foods I especially like and they make me feel good - Lindt balls springs to mind - but I don't credit them with any super powers.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Ben and Jerry’s. Pretty super!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Oreos of course
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Red wine
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    You know.. those allegedly awesome foods that is said to improve your health in all sorts of ways :)Just wondering what you all eat that you feel gives you that extra push towards living well(even if it's just placebo) :p

For me its:

Superfood is just a marketing tool/phrase.

This.

I was staying in a Westin last weekend and it was hilarious -- their room service menu had a list of the "super foods" in their various menu options.

Edit: LOL, here's an example (from a different town) on-line: https://www.starwoodhotels.com/pub/media/1045/completed_in-room_dining_menu_12.20.2012.pdf

Rather than worrying about whatever "superfood" is trendy today I simply try to eat a balanced, nutrient-rich diet that is delicious based on my own personal taste.