Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

skinny fat

Hi to overcome being skinny fat can I do a workout like Jillian Michaels 30 day shred? Or do I have to lift heavy weights? Because I don't want to go to the gym

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    The 30DSis cardio and endurance.
    It may help sculpt your body a little.
    Read this post then decide what you want to do.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10347229/weight-training-terminology#latest

Cheers, h.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Neither - Gotta cut carbs, so you can burn the fat! Keep Carbs under 100 grams/day.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    body weight exercises will help to sculpt your body to an amazing degree, and don't require any special equipment or going to a gym. If you have a smartphone there is an app called BodyWeight that is really good, it was developed by or in conjunction with the guy who wrote the "You Are Your Own Gym" books, Mark Lauren.
  • MelissaLimeKiwi
    MelissaLimeKiwi Posts: 121 Member
    If you aren't working out at all now, then you will definitely see improvement doing the 30 day shred. It has dumbbell work and body weight resistance like push-ups and lunges. If you hold your core tight during all movements, you will get total body toning. I got the best body of my life doing Insanity and people say oh that's just cardio.
  • yami0385
    yami0385 Posts: 70 Member
    Hi to overcome being skinny fat can I do a workout like Jillian Michaels 30 day shred? Or do I have to lift heavy weights? Because I don't want to go to the gym

I did a lot of cardio and little strength training last year which did not look good even though belly fat went down. I was very skinny with no muscles. Cardio is necessary for fat loss but strength training should be used as well to maintain muscle. Once the fat is down lift heavy weights. I am currently working on building muscle. I have a little bit of belly fat left so now I am really on low carb consumption less than 30 grams a day. Skinny fat sucks the belly fat is really stubborn and I'm constantly bloated. enough about me if I were you do the Jillian Michaels and try to do strength training at home. The main equipment you need are Dumbbells, kettle bell, and barbell bar. Also maybe a step up bench or plyobox for jump squats.
  • dmiivanov
    dmiivanov Posts: 49 Member
    I disagree with anyone who says you should do more cardio and keep cutting. it can only make you skinnier, and in the end you'll still have that annoying belly. Why not build muscle first? Yes that means going to the gym, lifting weights heavy enough to stimulate hypertrophy, eating adequate protein, and being in a slight calorie excess for a while. If you are a real beginner, you may even lose some fat while you're getting stronger and building muscle! Only then do you consider cutting. So my five cents, is go to bodybuilding.com and find a good beginners muscle building program. Bit you can do whatever you want!
  • justincooper405
    justincooper405 Posts: 107 Member
    This ^^^^ that's exactly how to lol .... and I love bodybuilding.com ;););)