Headbands and Fanny Packs

Options
JenAndSome
JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
When I walk or run I tend to sweat and sometimes the sweat drips into my eyes. This causes pain. I don't like pain. Would it look incredibly stupid to wear a head band? How do other people handle this problem. Also, does anyone use a fanny pack to carry their keys/phone, pepper spray, etc? Would you make fun of someone wearing a fanny pack? My friends said they would point and laugh.

Replies

• vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Do what makes you feel comfortable.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    You can camouflage both of them so people can't notice them if it bother you that much what people are doing while you exercise. I normally in my own world when I workout.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    get a hydration pack. I have a Nathans. I love it.

nathan_front.jpg

You could do this instead of the mace.

pgroup_7001_image_400x600__shadow.jpg
  • justwanderful
    justwanderful Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    When I walk or run I tend to sweat and sometimes the sweat drips into my eyes. This causes pain. I don't like pain. Would it look incredibly stupid to wear a head band?

Headbands while working out are OK.
    How do other people handle this problem.

I carry a small towel.
    Also, does anyone use a fanny pack to carry their keys/phone, pepper spray, etc? Would you make fun of someone wearing a fanny pack? My friends said they would point and laugh.

On a woman, it's OK. For a guy, he would have to turn in his MAN Card first.
  • UnwrappingCandy
    UnwrappingCandy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    When I walk or run I tend to sweat and sometimes the sweat drips into my eyes. This causes pain. I don't like pain. Would it look incredibly stupid to wear a head band? How do other people handle this problem. Also, does anyone use a fanny pack to carry their keys/phone, pepper spray, etc? Would you make fun of someone wearing a fanny pack? My friends said they would point and laugh.

I lol @ the term 'fanny pack' every time I see/read it. :laugh: Sooooo funny. But I don't laugh at people who wear the hip packs. They're useful.

Now, your pepper spray won't do you any good if it's put away. When I walk out around the lake or at the park I carry my pepper spray, unlocked, and ready to spray. I keep my taser in my pocket.
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Don't make fun of my headband!

john_mcenroe.jpg
  • RunsForFood
    RunsForFood Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I wear a Spibelt, it's not big at all like a fanny pack but fits my phone, keys, and gels in no problem. It's hardly noticeable under a long tank or shirt!
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options

You could do this instead of the mace.

pgroup_7001_image_400x600__shadow.jpg

Now that's fanny packin'

:tongue:
  • proudandprejudiced
    Options
    ...I think fanny has a different meaning in the UK. :noway: :laugh:

But, I know plenty of runners who wear them. It's convenient.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteous
    Options
    sweat stays out of my eyes because of my awesome hipster hair.
  • leahkins28
    leahkins28 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I wear a bandana on my head to protect my scalp from sun and also to keep sweat from my eyes.

I also wear a fanny pack to keep my things in. No one has ever pointed at me, and if they did, well, I'm not trying to impress anyone during a workout anyway.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Who cares you'll be the one with the hot body and you can point and laugh at their flab later on.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    sweat stays out of my eyes because of my awesome hipster hair.

LOL the grease helps to wick it away
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I carry my key in the key pocket in my shorts. Also, by the running tops that have the pockets for smaller things such as mace or keys or gel packs...whatever...

i use headbands ( like the rubber band types) to keep my hair out of my face...and if it is super hot i may take something with me like a bandana in case i need it... but i don't carry a fanny pack....
  • Davina_JH
    Davina_JH Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    You could get implants and keep many, many things tucked in the cleave. Be sure to have an excellent sports bra. :smile:
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    ...I think fanny has a different meaning in the UK. :noway: :laugh:

But, I know plenty of runners who wear them. It's convenient.

YES IT DOES!

I was in a pub in Wales once. I told a young girl (maybe 8 years old) that if she didn't leave me alone I was going to smack her in the fanny. About 30 older Welshman were about to jump on me!
  • alibee81
    alibee81 Posts: 62
    Options
    As a Brit I just had to come here and laugh at the phrase 'fanny pack'.

That is all.
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I wear both as needed, but then I also wear tights at Ren Faire, so I am pretty much unfazed by other people's opinions.
  • BreeFeelinFree
    Options
    Why does it matter what anybody else thinks about you