Women with endometriosis! Please help!!

Options
IronBatMaiden
IronBatMaiden Posts: 378 Member
edited March 2016 in Motivation and Support
I've mentioned in previous threads that I have very painful periods that prevent me from working out. Working out doesn't help the pain either. It actually makes it worse. What's more is the fact that my cramps start 1-2 weeks before my period actually starts. The closer I get, the more painful they get. I literally feel like someone is jamming a knife into my cervix every. single. month! The pain is so bad, I can sometimes barely walk. They get better by the third day of my actual period, but I really hate dealing with this every month and I'm wondering if it's endo. I have a doctor's appointment coming up soon, but can any ladies out there with endometriosis tell me if my experience is similar to theirs? Please?

Replies

• alyna_work
    alyna_work Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Although I have never been officially diagnosed with endo, I strongly believe that I do have it. Ever since I started my period around 13, I would be in excruciating pain, unable to walk, and often times feeling like a knife is stabbing me in the rectum as well as cervix. I use to throw up, be constantly nauseous, and have severe diarrhea. My knees and back become sore and it is unlike anything I have ever expierienced. I have been on the bc pill for quite some time as I am 20 now and I can say it is a signifigant improvement in the quality of life. A few days before, as well as day 1 and 2 are still painful and by day 3 I feel alot better. I honestly take off excersing and pretty much any leisure activities because it just is not worth it, the cramps are pretty bad. Dont get me wrong though the pill improved my life so much. You are not alone. Are you able to get on the pill?
  • IronBatMaiden
    Options
    Thanks. I knew it wasn't just me. My periods used to be fine and not super painful, but ever since I turned 20, my periods have been getting more and more painful. That can't be normal. I'm probably gonna inquire about it, but I'm also wary about the pill because I know it can raise your blood pressure.
  • alyna_work
    Options
    Deffinitely consult with your doctor about it because they will decide what is best for you. I knowI havent had any problems with blood pressure but often times when you start the pill, you can have spotting which is annoying but it subsided after a few months. I was recently on a very low dose pill, if you are concerned with that, called Loloestrin. It is the lowest dosage on the market but it works well. I had to change because my insurance only covers generics and the coupon for that expired. So i have had quite a bit of spotting my first month on this new pill, but i know it will subside. Do you ever take warm baths or showers? Those help me a little bit.
  • alyna_work
    Options
    And btw sorry for such long responses it is just I feel strongly on this topic as it is debilitating. Recently I cut out red meat and my body starting to feel much better, not as bloated, no more diarrhea or gas. I know this is tmi but it is just my expierience.
  • IronBatMaiden
    Options
    alyna_work wrote: »
    And btw sorry for such long responses it is just I feel strongly on this topic as it is debilitating. Recently I cut out red meat and my body starting to feel much better, not as bloated, no more diarrhea or gas. I know this is tmi but it is just my expierience.

Don't apologize. It helps me a lot. Hopefully I'll get some answers at the doctor's. Stabbing cervical pain every month cannot be normal. Thanks for the info.
  • alyna_work
    Options
    No problem, may I ask, do you have any kids? Ironically I thought I was the black sheep in the family living with this, and my dad reminded me that 20 years ago, my mom had the exact same thing. She would always say she never knew anyone with such bad periods. And when I reminded her she said oh my god you are right, I forgot. As soon as she had me the pains went away .
  • IronBatMaiden
    Options
    No problem, may I ask, do you have any kids? Ironically I thought I was the black sheep in the family living with this, and my dad reminded me that 20 years ago, my mom had the exact same thing. She would always say she never knew anyone with such bad periods. And when I reminded her she said oh my god you are right, I forgot. As soon as she had me the pains went away .

I have no children and no desire to have any children. In fact, if I end up needing to get a laparoscopic surgery to diagnose and remove endometrial tissue, I'm gonna request a tubal ligation. I've known since I was 19 years old that I have no desire to be a mom.
  • alyna_work
    Options
    I would definitely let your doctor know that. Some times I wished I could just have my whole uterus removed and get rid of this pain. But I know I want at least one child so it is not exactly an option :/
  • IronBatMaiden
    Options
    I would definitely let your doctor know that. Some times I wished I could just have my whole uterus removed and get rid of this pain. But I know I want at least one child so it is not exactly an option :/

Understood. The only problem is, they think I'm too young to get a tubal (I'm almost 25!) and probably won't do it. :/ but I will let them know that. I would love to have a hysterectomy because even though I understand where you're coming from, for me, fertility isn't my main concern. It's the quality of life that's my main concern for me.
  • alyna_work
    Options
    I hope you are able to overcome this, please update when you visit the doctor.
  • IronBatMaiden
    Options
    Will do.
  • lili200
    lili200 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Try
    Acupuncture
    Changes life

Otherwise : pills or surgery . :-(

• IronBatMaiden