200+ (Week 36) Sizzlin' Through Summer

Options
That time of the week.

Good luck with your weigh-ins/check-ins everyone!

I'm just hoping for close to a maintenance this week, considering all I've eaten, though I did finally get to the gym and worked out pretty hard on the elliptical for an hour. Whew! Finally!

Replies

• my2loves04and06
    Options
    We finally had a day without thunderstorms! It was nice to get outside today. Supposed to be sunny again tomorrow, so you can bet we'll be outside all day again. The kids and I went on a 5 mi (45 mins) bike ride this morning. I swear my son is packing the trailer full of toys just so there's more weight for me to pull. Just finished L2D5 of the 30 DS.

Consumed 1787 today, 380 under goal
  • dixiegal2484
    dixiegal2484 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    hey ladies. i had a great day today. i didnt eat very well considering i ate cheeseburgers from BK and McDonalds for lunch and dinner, but i worked it off vigorously scrubbing a wall for 90 minutes today at work. it was a work out in its self so im counting that as day 2 of 4 completed this week. i will only make it 3 out of 4 this week but it is much better than nothing. my check in for today is 1444 consumed/ 1900 allowed/ 521 burned/ and a total of 977 under for the day. pretty good day all in all. cant wait to see what mr. scale has for me tomorrow. good luck everyone. good night.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Good morning super pals!!! Got in a 75 min bike ride this morning. Last night did almost 30 min with kettle bell. Weight ckeck-in 184.5 this morning!!! I'll take it. That's down 1.5 pounds from my final check-in Sunday of 186... Yeah!!!

I'm on the iPhone (too lazy - no too tired - to walk upstairs to the compter). I check back later and make comments. Have a wonderful Friday...
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Victoria- congrats on finally having the scale move! WOOWOO!

Check in: 187.8 (+1.8 for the week).

Ugh. Not surprising for several reasons:
    1. Underate the week before, and dropped a bunch of weight. My body doesn't like that and tends to want to recalibrate back up a bit after a big loss week
    2. While I was finishing up moving, I only worked out twice this week. Way under my goal
    3. Restaurant week. Need I say more? Way more food than I should normally eat.

Seriously, need to get it back together this upcoming week and hopefully the gain this week will be gone by next.

Good luck everyone!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    I can't believe another week is gone....who keeps stealing all of the weeks from me....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: , this is my last week with the re-setting thing.....I sure hope this works.....seeing everyone go down is fabulous, but I'll be honest....makes me a tiny bit concerned for myself.....sorry for being so whinypants...........this week is to be no exercise and eating 2800-2900 calories a day...YIKES!! I'll be walking though and doing the usual house/yard/swim stuff....just goign to try to take it easier...trainer even suggests a massage, hmmm...that might work...:laugh:
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    mmm...any trainer that tells you to get a massage is a great trainer in my book! lol

I'm 225.0 today. Thats down .8 from last week. I have met my goal of exercising 4 times this week so YAY for me! My friends at work are all losing weight too. Stephany told me about these One A Day vitamin pills that keeps you full all day. She just gave me one and if it works, I may start taking it on a regular basis. I could probably use a vitamin supplement.

OH! My realtor put my house up on the listingbook.com site and it sends me daily updates. We are having an open house on Sunday so about 2000 people have been notified about it. This morning my report said that 22 people have looked at my house, 2 realtors have looked at it and 2 people have added it to their favorite list! I REALLY hope this thing sells. It will suck to have to move but my bank account is starting to scare me.
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    Good morning! My scale liked me this morning and told me I was 221.2 (-1.4 from last week) so I'm happy this morning. I'm well on my way to losing 30 by Labor Day (and my 30th birthday!) which was a goal of mine.

Nice and sunny but cool out this morning so the kids and I will be heading out for another bike ride today. I think we'll ride the path down by the river today. More scenic and less buggy than the gravel wooded path we took yesterday.

Will check back in later tonight. Happy Friday!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Time for a quick break from paperwork to check-in with my super pals!!!

Amber - great job on the exercise. I know eating at McDonalds and BK are quick and easy - (I am a former addict!!!). I really noticed the weight coming off when I started to pack my lunch with healthier options (1 cup soup(1/2 normal can), 100gr baby carrots, 100gr cucumber or cherry tomatoes, sandwich with joseph pita bread, lettuce, sliced roast beef and spicy mustard, and a piece of fruit). It really only takes me 5 min to prepare the night before work. Now it's habit to take my lunch and I rarely stop for fast food except Subway... This was one of the biggest changes for me but it really helped!!! Good luck.

Trace - great job on the loss. Enjoy that bike ride.

Kendal - my fingers are crossed for you on the house sale. Congrats on losing again.

Debra - I feel for you. Good luck this week. How was the party? Are you feeling better from the fall? I'm glad you weren't hurt worse!!! Did the washer get fixed? Oh yeah - go get that massage!!! I've been giving more massages at work (more neck/back pain clients) - I think I need to look up how many calories it burns to give a 15 min massage.

Kristina - next week will be better. The stress of moving will be gone and you will be back to better eating. I bet you lose it all and then some. I'm sure it's some water weight from the great food this week.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!! Today is the first day in a good week at least that I haven't looked like r felt like a zombie from the allergies. Yeay! My eyes weren't swollen this morning either, although they still look someone punched me.,..but I will take it.

I am back down from 208.5 last week to 206.5 so yeay me! I really think that just exercising as much as possible and watching what I eat but not really tracking has helped me lose weight...taking the stress out of it. I am going to keep at it for another couple of weeks and see how it treats me.

I am super super busy this morning at work...tons of orders and end of the month stuff...so I can't read through everyone's posts but I will do it tonight or tomorrow.

You all have a fantabulous Friday!
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    I have such a headache.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Kendal - Sorry to hear your head hurts - can you take a break and go for a short walk? Exercise may help...

Lacey - glad you're feeling better. Enjoy life tonight:drinker:

Well, workout 2 is done. I just got in from a 2.5 mile run. This blasted heat made it too hard to stay out any longer. I love having days off so that I can so extra exercise. Now it's back to more paperwork (*sighs*) At least I don't have a boss nagging me and can work sweaty/stinky.

I meant to tell you guys that by fate, one of my favorite authors (Janet Evanovich) released a book called "Sizzling Sixteen" on June 23rd. I've already finished it. A nice fluff book that cheers me up. It goes so well with our team name... Enjoy your weekend!!!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Well gang - mom decided going out to eat and walking to the bar with us would be a good workout. We got there 1.1 miles and on the way home it started pouring so we shagged a ride about 1/2 way home - another .6 miles. It was some power quick walking and I didn't have the best shoes on so I ended up with a blister. Oh well. My ribs were great!!!
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    Got our bike ride in this morning. A bit more than I was expecting to go. 19.7 miles (115 mins), to be exact. Holy cow. 1728 burned. I still can't believe we rode that far. Especially Kyleigh (that's my daughter)! Tegan enjoyed the ride too, I think. He's definitely not the lightest to tote around, that's for sure.

2066 eaten, 1122 under goal -- oops?

Lacey - Great loss!

Victoria - Too bad you got caught up in the rain. I bet it was a nice cool down though. Oh, and I'd love to work from home all smelly and sweaty. Or in my pajamas!

Kendal - hope your headache went away

Off to bed. My body is exhausted. I hope it carries me through work the next 2 days.
  • kimmrdodge
    kimmrdodge Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Just checking in real quick. I lost 2 lbs this past week. Not nearly as good as last week but considering the first part of the week I was up 2 lbs from all the bad eating I did, not bad really. I would like to hit the 220's next week but I will have to have another 3-4 lb week to do so. If not thats ok as long as I loose something I'm happy. Been pretty busy this week cleaning and reorganizing so have not been around much. I have to run and tuck my kids into bed I'll try to visit again later. Nice work this week everyone, I see some losses out there!!!!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday morning! Last night I went into town and watched Footloose in a park with the girls from work. Dran some wine and relaxed. I needed it after the long week I had with the allergies draining me. And my daughter has been on a real roll at night not minding very well. What amazes me is that kids can throw the hugest fit, get in trouble and be over it in like five minutes flat...and you are still mad! I wish I still had that kid quality of getting over things go fast! Its definitely something adults Lose along the way.
    The Allegra D I'm on doesn't let me sleep so that's the sacrifice I make to be able to function with these allergies. Tomorrow I'm going to have to not take anything so I can sleep and catch up. And yesterday I realized too that I was hyped up from the pill and didn't eat hardly anything all day, just wasn't really hungry and was so busy with work I didn't notice until the drive home when I was a bit shaky.
    This weekend I have no plans but to relax and spend time with my daughter. Jeff is going to a Floater concert tonight.

Kimmr good job on the loss!

Trace wow that is a major bike ride!

Kendall good luck with the house selling!

Deb I'm really interested to see how your remodeling of your metabolism will end up! Get that massage, they are seriously wonderful!

Kristina enjoy your new place. Ive only ever lived by myself in my own apartment for one year of my life and I loved it. I lived there when I met jeff and we still talk about that place.

Victoria I've read a few books by Janet Evanovich I think. Right now I've been handed down just about every Nicholas Sparks book he's written and they aren't bad. Easy reads and enjoyable. It's nice to find some books that I want to read because i've bought quite a few books over the past year that sounded good in the store and got them home and couldn't finish them. Part of that has to do with the fact that vie been listening to some really greets audibooks I think.
  • stongue
    stongue Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I weighed in this morning at the gym. I lost a pound down to 221, but I weigh again Monday night and usually weigh more in the evenings. So I'll have to see if I really did lose this pound or if I actually stayed the same. I feel really good this morning, got in 4 glasses of water already (a WOW for me), did 1/2 hour of walking on the treadmill, pace 3.0, and I started a pilates class that meets every Saturday morning. Now that was a workout! My balance was so bad i spent more time falling off the ball than staying on it:laugh: The rest of the class had a blast with my shenanigans! Instructor was great and said I did really well considering it was my first class. I don't know what she was watching:ohwell: But it sure was fun! So you all have a fun weekend, do something special for yourselves, and have fun with the tiniest of things! Oops my calories are good too, although I haven't finished the day yet. It's all planned out for today and I know I'll be plenty content!
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Hey ladies! Hope your having a great weekend.

Realized I hadn't checked in for yesterday, so here's yesterday and today:
    Friday:
    2381 needed to maintain
    1731 eaten/ 170 burned/ -820 day/ -820 week
    Saturday:
    2381 needed to maintain
    1956 eaten/ 426 burned/ -851 day/1671 week

Today I walked a mile to and from work's walking group, then did 1.5 miles at the actual group, so that was my exercise for the day. Not super strenuous, but I did power walk everything.

I need to get my booty into gear. Yes, my calories haven't been horrible, but I'm not eating enough fruits and veggies and not exercising enough. Love that I moved, but it's completely thrown me out of my routine, which i do NOT need. I cannot slip up- I've come to far. Moving week was a good excuse, but now that I'm pretty much settled, I need to get back into gear.

Grocery shopping tomorrow. Will make a curried fried rice (with lots of veggies) for my recipe of the week and try to salad it up a bit over the week as well. Rec center tomorrow, unless it's cool enough to go outside for a run (doubtful). Otherwise, shouldn't be a bad day. Did a lot of organizing and cleaning (and shopping.. oh ikea, how i love you so), but I have most of my stuff together now, so just a bit of organizing tomorrow and then relaxing (after getting my cardio on). Whew!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Lazy Sundays - I love them. I've been laying in bed for an hour playing on the computer. My plan for the day is to burn 1000+ cal again. I've done it the last 2 days. Yesterday - biked 75 min, walked 2 miles, did 20 min upper body weights, 10 min abs and 10 min stretches. I hope to run today but not sure if the rain will cooperate - if not, I may dust off the step for some old fashioned aerobics.

Then it's more paperwork - yuck!!!

Stonge - WTG on your loss!!!

Kristina - back away from IKEA (*winks*). Did you count the shopping as ex? Glad your apt has come together. Buy lots of fruit and veges - it's time to get back to healthier eating. I made a taco cabbage soup last weekend and subbed tofu for meat - I liked it. I also just read a great way to bake tofu to make it firmer - I'll let you know how it turns out. I wish I could get Tempeh up here.

Lacey - what are you listening to? I'm still making my way through An Echo in the Bone, just finished Emma and Me and have to start The Year of Magical Thinking for bookclub.

Kim - Great job on the loss!!!

Trace - that's an awesome bike ride. I'm impressed the kids made it.

Debra - hope you're staying dry on the ball fields!!! and that you son hits it out of the park.

Kendal - hope you're having a great weekend and were able to get Lexi to the park.

Carolyn - hope you're still hanging in there. We miss you!!!

Amber - you're doing great. Hope you weekend has been fun...
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Victoria- way to go with the exercise! I read Emma and Me- sort of underwhelmed... did you like it? I liked another book she wrote "But Inside I'm Screaming". I'm working my way through the Sookie Stackhouse books, as I love True Blood so much. They are both so deliciously bad. I can appreciate them for what they are- pure crack.

I'm off to the gym, then to the grocery store. Will definitely load up on the veggies. Then, putting up a few last things at the place. Then, I plan to relax for the rest of the day, as the weekend seems to get away from me each week, and I don't feel like I've rested much yet this weekend.

Off to feel the burn...
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    Not sure how I HAVEN'T gained much this weekend. I'm up to 252.4 (up .4 from Friday)....I've eaten absolute CRAP this weekend and I doubt it'll stop till tomorrow morning. I'm talking I ate an entire Tony's pizza yesterday for lunch :embarassed: It was 990 cals. Then I had a burger and fries from Dairy O for dinner. I did pass on the banana split though.

The open house is in 2 hours. I'm gonna go hop in the shower and do my last minute cleaning stuff. Mainly just vacuuming. I hope this goes well.

anyways, i must be off. I'll catch up on all your posts later