Skipping breakfast?

Options
2»

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    It is bad for me to skip breakfast because I get hangry but if skipping breakfast works for you then go for it. Meal timing is irrelevant to weight loss.
  • WhatLouAte
    WhatLouAte Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I never eat breakfast and I have lost 20lbs, I have a cup of tea and then eat at lunch. I have never been a breakfast person so I just skip it. I would rather have more sleep!
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I eat a big breakfast and skimp at lunch. Because I love breakfast, not because it's the most important meal of the day, not because it "jumpstarts" my metabolism, or any other myth out there.
  • Ibeachlover
    Ibeachlover Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm someone whom believes breakfast is important. It gives you an energy start for your day, and there are many healthy options for eating. I agree, from a weight loss standpoint, what you eat is far more important than when you eat it.
  • DonaldBlinks
    DonaldBlinks Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Does four cups of coffee count as breakfast? If so, I have breakfast every day.
  • smorris142896
    smorris142896 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I do not eat breakfast and have lost over 60lbs. Eat when your hungry. I save my calories for lunch, snack, and dinner it's just what works for me.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter when you eat. Just how much. That said I have found that it is better not to allow myself to wait until I start to feel hungry because by the time I prepare a meal I am to the point where it is difficult to control how much I consume. I always eat breakfast on work days or if I have to be active early. If I am planning to be sedentary for the day I tend to wait and have brunch.