Supplement cocktail

Options
I'm starting a supplement regime along with my weight loss plan. Supplements are CLA, I-carnitine, fish oil, green tea extract and multivitamin. I also am doing calorie deficit and exercise 3x week. Anyone takes supplements and how did u feel?

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Frankly, I'd get rid of everything except the fish oil and multi. Most supplements touted as weight loss supplements are either mostly caffeine or just utterly useless. I know it feels like you're doing something proactive for your weight loss by taking a bunch of pills, but it really is not necessary and will mostly be a waste of money.
  • codygish
    codygish Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ This.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Green tea extract is honestly just a waste of money. It won't do anything.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Honestly, if you consume meat and dairy, you're already getting CLA and l-carnitine. No need to supplement. And green tea extract? I don't know what that is (caffeine pill?). Just drink tea or coffee.

I'm clearly of the mindset of take only what is prescribed. In my case, that means just a daily multi and fish oil (unless I ate oily fish that day).
  • kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Wow. That was all a bit harsh. Clearly no compadres here!!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    karinf wrote: »

Not harsh. It's the truth. No coddling here.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for shortcuts for weight loss, these pills aren't going to help.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

Sure, I could have said "These pills are awesome and will make the fat melt off of you". But that would be pure BS, and is not going to help the OP at all, who I am sure would rather honest and straightforward advice than molly coddling, which is not helpful.

I've tried all the pills mentioned, and they didn't even give me a slight helping hand, let a lone do what they say on the bottle.. If I can spare someone the expense and frustration, then i will.
  • mwood1234
    mwood1234 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your feedback, I'm not taking them as a shortcut just thought they would help supplement for my calorie deficit. Thanks everyone!
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

Please. Who was harsh, and how?

Should we just tell everyone what they want to hear?
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    My supplements are all pain and joint related. Calcium supplement, glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM, ginger, turmeric, collagen, and a multi. And with the pines and palms in full pollination over the past 3 weeks, a 24 hour claritin. Upside is I rarely have to take Advil or any other inflammation or pain meds, downside is my breakfast can seem like pills with a smoothie as a side order.
  • kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    The post I was referring to is gone! Did I imagine it? I am not a supporter of weight loss supplements, but it was really unnecessarily rude, and I should have quoted it. But no, I wasn't referring to any of the existing posts.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Frankly, I'd get rid of everything except the fish oil and multi. Most supplements touted as weight loss supplements are either mostly caffeine or just utterly useless. I know it feels like you're doing something proactive for your weight loss by taking a bunch of pills, but it really is not necessary and will mostly be a waste of money.

+1
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    My supplements are all pain and joint related. Calcium supplement, glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM, ginger, turmeric, collagen, and a multi. And with the pines and palms in full pollination over the past 3 weeks, a 24 hour claritin. Upside is I rarely have to take Advil or any other inflammation or pain meds, downside is my breakfast can seem like pills with a smoothie as a side order.

Mine are all menopause related. :D