400-500 calorie meal ideas?

Anyone have any snack/meal recipes that are 400-500 calories? Anyone doing shake meal replacement?

Replies

• ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Tacos, Burrito bowls, chicken, Zuppa toscana basically anything can be cut to 500 cals by having smaller portions.
  • TheNightWalker
    TheNightWalker Posts: 59 Member
    I usually drink some casein protein shake before going to bed if I haven't eaten enough calories, mainly proteins.
  • lynnb18
    lynnb18 Posts: 1 Member
    I usually replace one of my meals with the "pure protein" shakes. Very good! Low calories and low fat.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,463 Member
    4 oz chicken, lean steak, or fish, + large serving veggies+ salad with EVOO& flavored vinegar easily within this range if not slathered in greasy prep.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    400-500 calorie meals are pretty easy to put together. A few ounces of lean meat, very large serving of veg, minimal if any cooking oil, low fat cheese. You can learn what to swap out for higher calorie things depending on your taste/macro preferences.
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    One of my favourite breakfasts (when I do eat breakfast) is two eggs, shaved deli ham, tomato and mushroom. Whisk the eggs with a fork then add the diced ham, tomato and mushroom. Microwave for 5 mins (approx), stirring occasionally. How I make it usually ends up about 250calories and the microwaving makes the eggs fluffy and filling rather than panfrying which usually needs oil and flattens them out.
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Most of my regular meals are in this calorie range. My go-to right now is bean tacos. When I make them at home they come out to about 350 calories, then I throw in a couple tortilla chips and it's 400-500 calories. I just use a small taco flour tortilla, put in some refried beans, onion, cheese, sometimes another protein like steak, salsa, lettuce, and sour cream and crisp it up in a cast iron pan.