*SCREAM* I just can't get under 200!

Options
13»

Replies

• MissMouse85
    MissMouse85 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Reaching 200 was probably a huge milestone that you have been aiming for for a long time--now that you are there your motivation is wavering. One way to overcome this is to maybe go on maintenance calories for a couple weeks. Give yourself a break. Be kind to yourself and appreciate how far you have come. Use the time to set a new mini-goal then go for it!

THIS!! Give yourself time... maybe even 6 months... to hang out at 200 and let your body "reset". If you are losing weight for life there's no hurry, and the slower you lose the weight the more likely you will keep it off for good. I know this probably isn't what you want to hear, but I wish you luck!
  • PinkMartiniPls
    Options
    I had the same issue! It didn't matter what I did, so I (this is a bit unhealthy but it worked wonders) would have a decent lunch and skip eating in the evening altogether. Usually a few days of this would get me over the hump.

Just be careful not to binge!! Perhaps you could do something aerobic in the evening to get your mind off of it, or even an hour of just stretching might help.

One last note... don't practice this as an every day thing, it won't work and it's not healthy. I only use it when I've hit a road block that I can't get past.

Hope this helps.
  • Hiskhaleesi
    Hiskhaleesi Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    1. Calories set at 1,500, normally under. And If I go over, I make sure to do "enough" to burn what I go over.
    2. Food scale is a yes. I weigh and measure everything... I even googled what percentage a teaspoon was of a tablespoon (It's 33 if you care) so that if I didn't use a whole tablespoon of something (usually peanut butter) I would be able to accuratly log it.
    3. 200 was a HUGE milestone, but I don't want to just sit at this weight forever! I have some very specific goals to meet.

So, the good news. My last weigh of July was this morning and I was a flat 200. I've been very strict with myself today and kept under calories. I've decided that in addition to no scale this month, I don't really want to take rest days either. Now, before you go off and say you need rest days, what I mean by this is I plan to do intense cardio 5-6 days a week, and as a "rest" day just go for a 2 mile or so walk. I also plan to incorporate some strength straining into my routine, so anyone reading this who does strength training and can give me some pointers, if you feel like friending me and sending me a message it would be much appreciated.