Creatine?

Options
dbkyser
dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
I am about to start lifting and probably going to take Creatine but not sure if the powder is better than the pills. If they are both equal, the pills would be easier.

Replies

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    dbkyser wrote: »
    I am about to start lifting and probably going to take Creatine but not sure if the powder is better than the pills. If they are both equal, the pills would be easier.

Powder is WAY cheaper.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    it's one of the few supplements with proven results. Just take it.
  • MichelleLea122
    MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    If you're just starting to lift, you probably don't even need creatine. Just enjoy the newbie gains while they last.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Since I have it in my copy/paste queue from a different thread: https://examine.com/supplements/creatine/
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Powder everyday. Pills are just a money grab. You pay the same price for maybe 1/4 of the product if you're lucky.
  • jessef593
    Options
    If you're just starting to lift, you probably don't even need creatine. Just enjoy the newbie gains while they last.
    Creatine has more than strength benefits, it's also been shown to improve mental cognition, I take it as a health supplement over just something to give me an edge in the gym. If you like the idea of it, then take it, it's fairly cheap and lasts forever. Go for creapure if you can find it, also micronized is generally easier on the stomach.

• MichelleLea122
    MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    [/quote]
    Creatine has more than strength benefits, it's also been shown to improve mental cognition, I take it as a health supplement over just something to give me an edge in the gym. If you like the idea of it, then take it, it's fairly cheap and lasts forever. Go for creapure if you can find it, also micronized is generally easier on the stomach.

[/quote]

Hmm interesting, definitely haven't heard of the mental benefits before. But you're right. Doing some quick research on it seems to suggest that creatine does has an effect on boosting mental cognition, especially in subjects with low levels (i.e. vegetarian/vegan). Although I personally wouldn't spend money on creatine for just the mental cognition benefits lol.
  • jessef593
    Options
    Meh $40 for 300 servings, can't hurt.
  • jessef593
    Options
    That's 10 Starbucks coffees