Someone help me

13»

Replies

• RUNucbar
    RUNucbar Posts: 160 Member
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Are you drinking pop or diet pop? If you are, quit now. I drank that stuff all my life and never lost an ounce. The minute I quit drinking it, (diet pop), the weight just started melting off. I lost over 50 lbs. drinking water and no other drinks.

Diet soda has no calories and therefore does not effect weight loss.

Its true about the calories, but its the Artificial sweeteners that are bad. Artificial sweeteners are hundreds to thousands of times sweeter than regular sugar, activating our genetically-programmed preference for sweet taste more than any other substance.

Diet stuff has no calories or very few calories. My diet drink of choice is sugar-free Red Bull which has 7 cals per can but they also do a Red Bull Zero which is calorie free. But yes, no calories = no weight gain.

Artificial sweeteners may be sweeter (do you have a source for this?) but that means they use less so the drink is equally sweet compared to its non-diet counterpart. Being a thousand times sweeter means they use WAY less or it would be undrinkable.

Do you have sources for anything you said, some of your claims are nonsense.
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    edited March 2016
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Are you drinking pop or diet pop? If you are, quit now. I drank that stuff all my life and never lost an ounce. The minute I quit drinking it, (diet pop), the weight just started melting off. I lost over 50 lbs. drinking water and no other drinks.

Diet soda has no calories and therefore does not effect weight loss.

Its true about the calories, but its the Artificial sweeteners that are bad. Artificial sweeteners are hundreds to thousands of times sweeter than regular sugar, activating our genetically-programmed preference for sweet taste more than any other substance.

Diet stuff has no calories or very few calories. My diet drink of choice is sugar-free Red Bull which has 7 cals per can but they also do a Red Bull Zero which is calorie free. But yes, no calories = no weight gain.

Artificial sweeteners may be sweeter (do you have a source for this?) but that means they use less so the drink is equally sweet compared to its non-diet counterpart. Being a thousand times sweeter means they use WAY less or it would be undrinkable.

Do you have sources for anything you said, some of your claims are nonsense.

Aaaah, the complex neuro-biology of food reward!!! http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2892765/

This is a review article on the concept that artificial sweeteners are correlated with weight gain. PLEASE NOTE: it's not a direct causal pathway at all. BUT...human brains are complicated. In a regular social setting (not some magical ideal place where everyone works as an ultimately rational actor) people are more likely to gain weight when they switch to artificial sweeteners due to our neuro-biological reward systems. So this means if you switch from regular to diet soda, and you count your calories like a good happy MFP-er, you're not going to gain weight because of it (duh). But on the whole, most of our society doesn't know how to regulate their intake...hence obesity epidemic...so artificial sweeteners are super problematic.
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Veryana wrote: »
    Well, there are stuff some people don't want to tell in public and have it easier time to ask about it from someone in private messages. I don't see anything wrong with offering advices and support with friend request as long as it won't go bashing or anything like that.

Open communication is better.

I prefer messaging, myself.

I trust this young woman to make her own decisions about messaging someone or not. Don't you?

What's it to you!

Exactly my question! You took the words out of my mouth :lol: