Just starting out

shana24m
shana24m Posts: 1 Member
Im starting up my diet again!!! It on off on off. I'm excited and dreading being on a diet! But i really want to see results! I am one of those people who are impatient when it comes to dieting. I want to results ASAP. Any advice?

Replies

• auntiecoo
    auntiecoo Posts: 2 Member
    I am always on an off diets too. I keep losing and regaining the same 20 lbs. I am currently completing a anti inflammatory detox. I am removing grains, dairy, soy, nuts, caffeine and alcohol from my diet. I did this 5 years ago and lost 20lbs in 10 weeks. I have always had to watch what I eat and this was the first time that weight came off of me this fast. (It will probably come off of other people faster. I have metabolic issues.) The real problem is that I never seem to keep it off.

I have been doing the above detox for a week now and lost 2 lbs. Again, this is huge for me. My new goal after losing the weight again is to weigh myself at least once per week. I always shy away from the scale, a year goes by and then I'm right back where I started.
  • bmayes2014
    bmayes2014 Posts: 232 Member
    edited March 2016
    My advice is to stop 'starting a diet' and try to find something that is sustainable for the rest of your life. I USED TO BE a dieter. I'd try almost any quick fix. Im over it. Track your calories. get a food scale. eat in a deficit. that's it. You will lose. A caloric deficit is needed to lose weight. period. MFP really changed my mindset. I eat what I want - although I do try to make healthier choices but most important- it's sustainable. I am down 15lbs with another 20lbs to go.

Read these http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest

Finally, be patient, consistent and dedicated. if you fall down, get back up and BELIEVE IN YOURSELF.

one more thing- there's no ASAP here. If you are impatient, long lasting (sustainable) weight loss will not be achieved. You will do quick fixes and be right back at square one. Sorry - slow and steady wins this race.