Intermittent fasting

Options
2»

Replies

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    I've been on an intermittent fasting schedule (only eating from 11am - 7pm) for over a year now, and I'm never going back! I know that with eating right and exercising, I would have lost the same amount of weight eventually, but I KNOW that IF has sped up this process a ton! Plus, my energy levels have increased majorly and I can tell a huge difference in my mental alertness from last year when I hadn't started IF yet.
    Keep going! It really works! :smiley:

For reference, in case you were wondering... I've lost 67 pounds in the past year!

5'7''
    SW: 186
    CW:119

So, you were not "eating right and exercising" while intermittent fasting, but still lost weight and faster than you would have? How do you "KNOW" this?

And don't you think energy levels and alertness would come from losing weight, not when you ate the food?

• King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I've done both IF and normal dieting/workout routine and found myself losing the same amount of weight each week. At the time, IF just worked for me because it fit into my daily schedule and I never ate breakfast much anyways until later in the morning.
  • hamelle2
    hamelle2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I found that I was not hungry after waking until 3 pm or so. If I ate breakfast because "it is the thing to do" I was hungry from that point on. Now I don't start eating my calories until late afternoon. My body tells me when most of the time. Most of the time I eat my calories between 5pm and 9pm. I am very happy to have found what works for me! It is still all about CICO. IF is about controlling my hunger and feel satisfied each and every day. B)
    I will probably do this forever.
  • Kavesh93
    Kavesh93 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've been on an intermittent fasting schedule (only eating from 11am - 7pm) for over a year now, and I'm never going back! I know that with eating right and exercising, I would have lost the same amount of weight eventually, but I KNOW that IF has sped up this process a ton! Plus, my energy levels have increased majorly and I can tell a huge difference in my mental alertness from last year when I hadn't started IF yet.
    Keep going! It really works! :smiley:

For reference, in case you were wondering... I've lost 67 pounds in the past year!

5'7''
    SW: 186
    CW:119
    hamelle2 wrote: »
    I found that I was not hungry after waking until 3 pm or so. If I ate breakfast because "it is the thing to do" I was hungry from that point on. Now I don't start eating my calories until late afternoon. My body tells me when most of the time. Most of the time I eat my calories between 5pm and 9pm. I am very happy to have found what works for me! It is still all about CICO. IF is about controlling my hunger and feel satisfied each and every day. B)
    I will probably do this forever.

Wow great insight. Yeah I also found that when I started IF (3 weeks ago) I have had better energy levels and just feeling great. I also think this is something I will use forever. It works and is sustainable.
    However I have a doubt that maybe you guys can answer. What exactly does reducing the eating window do?
  • Kavesh93
    Kavesh93 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    xSPICYx wrote: »
    I've done both IF and normal dieting/workout routine and found myself losing the same amount of weight each week. At the time, IF just worked for me because it fit into my daily schedule and I never ate breakfast much anyways until later in the morning.

You lost the same amount with IF and regular diets??