Need protein/nutrition, must travel well.

Options
bms34b
bms34b Posts: 401 Member
edited March 2016 in Food and Nutrition
Alright, so here's the situation.

My goals are...
  • Work out regularly (lifting weights 3x weekly when home, yoga on other days)
  • Use supplements like shakes and quest bars to meet my protein and nutrition goals
  • Try to eat within my calorie goals o:)

Not so hard, but some of my circumstances are...
  • ADHD, highly medicated, but I also want to include Omega-3, Zinc, Iron, Magnesium, Vitamins C & D without having to remember lots of pills (hence - ADHD - I can barely even remember my ADHD meds, let alone other vitamins) :#
  • I am going to start traveling a LOT for my new job. On average I'll be flying around and staying in hotels 2 weeks out of every month. Whatever I use has to be convenient for flying and consuming in hotels. I'm fine with finding a way to have milk in my hotel to mix with shake stuff.
  • While I love being on meds for ADHD and I feel that I'm a much more balanced and successful human while I'm on them, they are messing with my appetite. If I don't plan it out, I could easily go all day without eating more than a few snacks. After realizing this because I feel horrible with low blood sugar, the only thing I can force myself to eat at that point is unhealthy food.

What I've been thinking is...
  • Shakeology has options of packets with some protein and also some vitamins. It would travel well and help with my goals, BUT there are many people here saying that it's a ripoff and there are better options. Could those options travel well?
  • Quest bars - I loved these in the past. <3 Are these still some of the best protein bang for the buck around? What are some tips to make the most of these in terms of favorite flavors or coupons/deals?
  • Are there other products that I should be aware of that may fit my situation?

All thoughts/information is greatly appreciated, with links to resources, reviews, and research even more greatly appreciated! :)

*Edit - I should also note that I use nuun tabs in my water. Without extra electrolytes, my blood pressure is too low and I pass out. Not sure this is relevant unless there's a supplement that could include this.*

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    The Shakeology packets are a good idea for you because they are easy for traveling.
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Quest also has packets of protein. I also like the One bars. Chef's cut or Krave jerky. Almonds.