Getting so frustrated with no weight loss!

Options
13»

Replies

• sim_moore
    sim_moore Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I suggest you underestimate your exercise (if you are loggin it) and over estimate your food slightly.. That's what I do to be sure.. Also check your measurements with a tape measure.. Perhaps with all the exercise you are adding muscle but reducing in size.. Too early to see big results but be patient.
  • therealhyper
    therealhyper Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    BinaryFu wrote: »
    Ya, there's no reason to eat healthy if all you want to do is lose weight... Just log your cheeseburgers accurately and watch the weight fly off.

Fact: If 2000 calories maintains your weight, 1700 calories will reduce your weight by 1lb a week.

In theory, yes, it could be 1700 calories of cheeseburgers if you wanted. Are you going to feel well after a week of this? No. Definitely not. Are you going to lose 1lb? On average? Yes.

So yes, accurately log your cheeseburgers and you *can* watch the weight fly off. You can have a horrible diet and still lose weight.

But see, here's the thing that most people arrive at eventually: Poor food choices restrict how much you're able to eat.

A DQ cheeseburger is 400 calories and it's not going to fill me up.

My homemade chicken vegetable stew is 200 calories per serving and really tasty. So I can have TWO servings of really filling, tasty stew....or one lousy cheeseburger.

Eventually, people gravitate towards healthy eating on their own, or they give up, because burning 400 calories to justify that poor choice cheeseburger just isn't worth it.

So, sarcasm aside, your statement is correct - there *is* no reason to eat healthy if all you want to do is lose weight. There *is* a reason to eat healthy if you you want to *be* healthy *and* lose weight. See the difference there?

Reading with great intrest !
  • BinaryFu
    BinaryFu Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Afura wrote: »
    Get out the sticks! You riled the anti anti-burger peoples!

Nooooo!!! (Flings tofu at the mob)
    That's exactly where I'm heading. I believe in everything in moderation. If I restrict myself too much I go crazy and eventually binge on all the things I deprived myself of. Eating is also very social. I don't want to completely give up social outings. Just know not to overdo it. Maybe work out more the next day or eat less. But I'm glad that calories in and out allow us to be able to eat what we want, if we want to of course.

That's a great mindset to have - I hear so many people on here tell me (and others) "Hey, you didn't gain that weight overnight, it's going to take awhile to get rid of it too..." but when it comes to eating healthy? "RAW VEGGIES AND TOFU BURGERS STAT!!!"

Well, to them I say, "I didn't stop eating healthy overnight. So it's going to take awhile to get rid of bad food choices too..."

Having a daily calorie goal helps so much. Especially if you log your food either just before or right after eating. It really nails you when you go to log in a snack and see that now you'll only have 250c for dinner instead of 400c. In fact, yesterday it stopped me from having an extra poor choice snack, simply because I wasn't sure if I'd be eating out that night and I wanted to keep around 600c free in case there weren't any healthy choices open by the time I was done. So instead I had a small apple, which helped tide me over.

Because of that, I had a light dinner when I got home and it helped me stay under my daily goal.

I agree with Rick_Nelson81 - we should strive for healthy *and* weight loss at the same time and in fact, they really do go hand in hand. But if you're a junk food junkie, you *can't* just stop Cheetos cold turkey, or ice cream, or pasta even. You have to taper off and I feel the best way to do that is to stick to your daily goals for calorie intake.

It gives you a limit and allows you to make the choices yourself. Do you really want 3.5 servings of Cheetos, or would you rather have a tuna salad with one serving of Cheetos? They're about the same, calorie-wise. One will allow you to mindlessly eat Cheetos for a half an hour and the other one will fill you up, satisfy you, give you great protein *and* will still allow you to enjoy a *sane* portion of Cheetos.

I used Cheetos as an example because they are my Kryptonite. I have to constantly put the little bags of them in the checkout line BACK on the shelf, wondering what person slipped them into my basket in the first place! But, because of the method I've been using, I have snacks that have the same calorie count as one serving of Cheetos (tiny) and instead I get half a cup of yummy, salty, snack food that I can munch on for half the day if I want and not feel guilty.

Is my alternative snack healthy? Eh. Is it healthier than Cheetos? Oh yeah. Big-time.

One day at a time. One pound at a time. One healthy choice at a time.