Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Is it OK to eat your cravings?

2»

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Yes.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    zerojunk wrote: »
    Macro and Micro nutrients should be your priority if you want to get serious about this weight thing. Leave those foods you crave elsewhere I say. It's safe to assume they are trash or you wouldn't ask about it.

She said nothing about weight lifting, why confuse the issue.

Why not put your glasses on? I didn't say anything about weight lifting.

Lol. They were on. You are right!

You are not the only one who misread that!

OP, as several posters have already said, you can consume treats within reason. I have a treat nearly daily. I do my best to meet my protein, fat, and fibre goals. By fitting in a treat, I feel less like I'm on a diet and have been enjoying success. 47lb down so far. You will find most people here who have been successful long term do not deprive themselves of the things they enjoy.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Macro and Micro nutrients should be your priority if you want to get serious about this weight thing. Leave those foods you crave elsewhere I say. It's safe to assume they are trash or you wouldn't ask about it.

OP, as several posters have already said, you can consume treats within reason. I have a treat nearly daily. I do my best to meet my protein, fat, and fibre goals. By fitting in a treat, I feel less like I'm on a diet and have been enjoying success. 47lb down so far. You will find most people here who have been successful long term do not deprive themselves of the things they enjoy.

Thank you.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

Thank you.

:kiss:
  • veggiecanner
    veggiecanner Posts: 137 Member
    I have chocolate, chips and crackers most every day. and I've lost 36 pounds. Every night I have a snack to use up my daily calories. And includes peanut butter cups.

• Thank you all so much for the support. Yes, I have always enjoyed a treat almost everyday. Like one of the pp mentioned, I kind of plan my diet around it. I was just worried because all of a sudden the number on the scale isn't dropping. But I hope it is something else other than my diet. Please do share your thoughts. I am working on JM RI30 currently.
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Actually I think this op should be applauded for learning about this now. Most assume they have to eat " clean " to lose weight and be healthy and that's not true at all. A healthy diet can include a treat. Learning about portion control and moderation now will help you so much in the long run. Learning how to have one serving of cookies instead of an entire box is a great lesson to learn sooner then later.

You're right and I wish I would have known this at the beginning. I would have saved a lot of money, time, tears and binges!
  • nutmegoreo
    Thank you all so much for the support. Yes, I have always enjoyed a treat almost everyday. Like one of the pp mentioned, I kind of plan my diet around it. I was just worried because all of a sudden the number on the scale isn't dropping. But I hope it is something else other than my diet. Please do share your thoughts. I am working on JM RI30 currently.

If you have just started the workout, you may be retaining some water. Or if it's close to TOM. If those are the case, give it a little longer. When I started lifting, it took several weeks to lose the water weight, in the meantime it looked like I wasn't losing. If neither of those are the case, I would look at logging. Are you weighing foods, even the prepackaged ones? They can be off enough to stall. Is the database entry you are using accurate? There are many inaccurate entries, because they are user entered, and the information changes occasionally and may not have been updated or there are regional differences. Similar cookies are made differently in different countries and therefor will have different information.

Those things should provide solutions for you.