Cheat days

Options
2»

Replies

• pichiPurinsesu
    pichiPurinsesu Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    if i had a cheat day everything all falls apart. If there was something i was REALLY craving though i'd try work it into my diary and make it up
  • N0easyway0ut
    N0easyway0ut Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I don't have cheat days - merely a cheat meal - once a week. I try to keep it within my goals, but it doesn't always work. However I don't think that 1 bad meal in 42 per week will make that much of a difference!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Cheat day? I don't cheat. I either eat calories up to goal, or go over calories if I feel like it.

This is exactly what I do

• TheCrawlingChaos
    TheCrawlingChaos Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    My last efforts in weight loss included me allowing cheat days, and too often. Since xmas I decided on a few things. 1. I don't have designated days where I can "cheat." I try to make the foods I eat varied enough that I don't get bored with them and try to find exciting recipes to try out so I'm always looking forward to the stuff I know is better for me. And 2. If I do have a day where I eat something I normally wouldnt, I don't consider it cheating. I consider it "rare and appropriate." That helped remind me to stay within my goals even if I ate less than ideally. I stole this idea from Penn Jillette and it's worked pretty well for me.