Need friends for support

Options
Hi guys!

I am needing friends for support! I love love reading every ones stories. We all have a story to tell. I can spend hours
reading them and they are so good. I am very excited about this site. This is the first time I really feel I can stick with it.
I have been big for so long. I quit smoking 2 1/2 years ago cold turkey no meds and quickly gained 50 lbs. I know there
will come a time where I will want to fall off the wagon this is why I need all the help and support I can get.

Thanks you guys are wonderful!!!

Replies

• Scncartist
    Scncartist Posts: 173
    Options
    Feel free to add me! EVERYONE needs support!

Congrats on quiting smoking also!!!! I quite about 3 1/2 years ago (also cold turkey), so I know how strong you are!!!!
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • tiggertoo57
    Options
    Count me in! Can't say I have ever had a smoking habit so I can't relate there, but more than happy to provide support on your journey.
  • twilla367
    twilla367 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just started this site today and also looking for buddies. I have lost just over 100 pounds and have 40ish to go and need lots of support and motivation.
  • twilla367
    twilla367 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: [Eat to live not live to eat!]
    Just started this site today and also looking for buddies. I have lost just over 100 pounds and have 40ish to go and need lots of support and motivation.
    [/quote]
  • aprueitt
    aprueitt Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Good for you, my husband and I quit together 14 years ago and have never looked back! Funny thing was that the only way I could quit (cause I tried a few times and always started again, once after 2 years) was to take just one day at a time. We would both promise each other as we were heading out the door each morning that we would NOT smoke that day, we might the next, but for that day we made the promise to each other.
    It dawned on me earlier this year (finally) that I could use that same approach to my weight that I packed on after I quit . . . take one day at a time, promising myself to make wise choices ONLY that day and not think past it. Im happy to say that since I changed my mind-set about it I've had no problems following a very healthy food plan, and exercise 6 or 7 days per week.
    I've also given up my weekend beer habit . . . so I know miracles can happen!
    Definately feel free to add me . . .
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me!
  • hawkeye14
    hawkeye14 Posts: 12
    Options
    I like the one day at a time mentality. I sometimes fall into the 'well, I messed up today, so I may as well mess up the weekend' mindset. Totally wrong, if I mess up one day it is ONE day.
  • aprueitt
    aprueitt Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for this. I needed it. My family goes to a local Mexican restaurant every Friday. I have been so upset thinking that I can't go because there is nothing I can eat. If they get the cheese dip I know for a fact that I will want it. I am sitting here thinking am I really going to blow everything that I worked for this week. I don't think I can do it. LOL I am talking myself out of it. I know they all won't mind going somewhere else it is just me.
  • Poppit23
    Poppit23 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi all, count me in as well. I've always been pretty slim and never had a problem with weight but since the birth of my baby girl I'm carrying an extra 16kg (36lbs) and I'm finding it hard to even know where to begin! 8 of those lbs I put on AFTER I came home from the hospital. I quit smoking around the time I fell pregnant and I do miss it but I wont' be going back to that!

Be great to have some online support, especially if anyone is trying to lose baby weight. She's such a precious little gem but it's really played havoc with my body!!
  • Poppit23
    Poppit23 Posts: 9
    Options
    @twilla367 - BTW, 100lbs lost already, that's AMAZING, well done!