stregth exercise apps for women

Options
Hi I currently use fitstar, but think i need to find something new. i run/walk 3 times a week, and want to do strength training 3 times a week too, but the fitstar workouts seem pretty high impact. looking for something i can do with free weights or bodyweigth exercises on the days i don't run. I would prefer something that changes over time....

would love suggestions, thanks.

Also, if it matters, I'm still overweight by about 10-15 pounds.

thank you

Replies

• Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    lots of people seem to have good results with that BBG thing. Kayla Itsnes or whatevr her name is!
  • BalletAndBarbells
    BalletAndBarbells Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    SL5X5
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Nerdfitness is a bodyweight routine that you can add weight or complexity to as you progress. It will help retain and add some strength to the muscles you have if you are at a deficit.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

30day shred is more cardio using light weights. It will burn more calories than the above, and help worh muscle endurance. I did step ups instead of any high impact moves.

One of the 5x5 programmes or All Pro will get you lifting heavy. Good for muscle retention and strength in as deficit. You can start with hand weights and body bars and work your way up to a barbell once you have good form.

Cheers, h.