Working out

Options
robins993
robins993 Posts: 78 Member
edited March 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
So i've had this app for 5 days. And i have been almost everyday below the max and wasnt hungry at night. I wasnt working out either. But today i did some exercices, and now i am so hungry, my stomach is doing noices. So i was wondering is it because i worked out today or? I know, its a stupid question.
I ate normaly today, under the max. And i am done eating for today. But i cant ignore my stomach xd
Also is 1200calories a day too much?

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    1200 is the bare minimum.

eat back roughly half your exercise calories.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    This^^ burning calories will make you hungry, fuel your workouts.
  • robins993
    Options
    Ok ok. Thanks. I'll start working out in the mornings then :-)
  • mojd80
    mojd80 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Usually the app will add calories to your diary for exercise entered. I originally used a Windows phone to enter my items and noticed that calories don't get burned for strength exercises when entered on my iPhone, not sure why. They are still getting added for cardio.
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    If 1200 is your app target you can eat more calories than that since your exercises consumes calories. It's the net calories that are important. 1200 sounds awfully low thougj.
  • robins993
    Options
    Ws2016 wrote: »
    If 1200 is your app target you can eat more calories than that since your exercises consumes calories. It's the net calories that are important. 1200 sounds awfully low thougj.

Yeah it is. Also in settings it says that 1200 is net. So i guess that is that.
  • robins993
    Options
    mojd80 wrote: »
    Usually the app will add calories to your diary for exercise entered. I originally used a Windows phone to enter my items and noticed that calories don't get burned for strength exercises when entered on my iPhone, not sure why. They are still getting added for cardio.

Yeah i noticed that too. I tried adding workouts to see how many calories i lost but its strenght and not cardio. So i only added a note where i put the exercices. Dont actualy know how much i burned.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I eat more when I exercise regularly. Your metabolic rate increases, and burns calories more efficiently. Therefore, you will need more calories to fuel your body, and repair your muscles.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Enter it through cardio, just type in strength training. And yeah 1200 calories is very low. You should try for a bit more. You shouldn't be in any sort of rush. The slower you take it, the more maintainable it'll be.
  • chaney3000
    chaney3000 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Getting hungry is normal when you start incorporating workouts. Fuel yourself prior to your workout and after to get the best results. No big meal or anything but something like a slow burning carb prior and a easy digestible protein and carb afterwards.

For me it depends on what I'm doing for a workout as to what I will eat. For runs over an hour, I usually want a slow burning carb like a cliff bar. For a gym session or crossfit, I would eat an apple for the quick sugar carb to give me the quick fuel.

Afterwards, I like to drink some chocolate milk. I prefer the fair life brand. It's low cal and it fits the bill.

Either way, the pre-workout and after workout fuels are less than 300 calories together.
  • chaney3000
    chaney3000 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention this is at least an hour and half before I start. And try to get the after workout within an hour of finishing.