Everything in moderation and reached goal?

Options
2»

Replies

• katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Yes, it has been that simple for me! I eat whatever I want within my cal allowance and earn extra cals by being active, as monitored by my Fitbit and I am at my preliminary goal after losing 40+ lbs. It has taken almost 2 years but that is because I stopped at one point for many months and then had to relose 7lbs. The last year I have been pretty consistent and have not felt hungry or hard done by and have lost consistently. I wish I had realised it could be so easy earlier!
  • lisabobczuk
    lisabobczuk Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Loving reading this thread! Everyone is doing what I hoped I could do!
    If I restrict something, I want it more!
    I'm going to follow this trend.
    Makes me feel not deprived :-)
  • masdec7
    masdec7 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    This is what I usually do. I don't what I eat, just how much, though my husband is talking about putting us on a more "healthy" eating plan after visiting the parents this past week. Might be good. I've lost up to 80 lbs before using the eat less than I burn method which I basically ate anything I wanted as long as it was within the calorie goal. Feel free to follow me if you want.
  • talismanicmagic
    talismanicmagic Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've lost just over 20 lbs eating what I love in moderation. Another 40 lbs to go. Your journey should not just be about weight loss, but teaching yourself about portions and healthy eating. I've always been a fairly healthy eater, but would binge on high calorie snacks and my portion sizes were WAY OFF! I've taken my time with my goals and I really feel like I've learnt a lot. I've not lost as fast as I would like but I feel like this is my life now and there is no turning back.
    Good luck on your journey!
  • dliv90
    dliv90 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've lost just over 20 lbs eating what I love in moderation. Another 40 lbs to go. Your journey should not just be about weight loss, but teaching yourself about portions and healthy eating. I've always been a fairly healthy eater, but would binge on high calorie snacks and my portion sizes were WAY OFF! I've taken my time with my goals and I really feel like I've learnt a lot. I've not lost as fast as I would like but I feel like this is my life now and there is no turning back.

This is nearly identical to me, except that I've lost 35 lbs and I don't exercise at all -- at all. Like somebody else here said about exercise -- you can't outrun your fork. The fact that you want to exercise 5-6 times a week is great, but if that ends up take too much willpower, don't worry. It's all just CICO.

• linsdog
    linsdog Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    And as important, and perhaps even more importantly: MAINTAINED once at goal while practicing moderation.

I'm sure it can be done. I wonder how many folks at goal and maintaining will see this thread, however.

Hit goal well over a year ago...and I am Maintaining using moderation....
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Yes. I lost the weight I set out to lose (30 lbs) and am currently maintaining that loss. I never cut anything out of my diet other than calories and big portions. I drink wine and eat chocolate pretty much every day. I have pizza, Chipotle, or burgers about once a week. I have more extravagant restaurant meals about once a month. If I am in the mood for something in particular, I fit it into my day/week as soon as I can.

Rather than cutting out things from my diet I approached it that I needed to add things in order to become healthier. More vegetables, more protein, more meals cooked at home, more exercise. This way I never felt like I was restricting things, I was adding things to my lifestyle.

Truth be told, I probably eat more now after losing the weight since I am far more active than I was before I started 3 years ago.

• AnnetteJones4
    AnnetteJones4 Posts: 7 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    This is a great thread. I am happy I read it. i am tracking my food in the diary here and I do exercise, which is something I have pretty much always done but sort of got busy and didn't fit it in for a while. But now I am back in the saddle. I have friends that have dropped crazy weight doing meal replacement which means they only eat one real meal a day and some shakes...and I see the allure, but I enjoy breaking bread with my friends and family so I am determined to eat real food moderately. I didn't realize I was feeling sluggish until I felt better doing what I am doing. I feel like I am not so alone on my approach now. Thanks everybody
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!