I can finally do push ups!

Options
andygvr96
andygvr96 Posts: 26 Member
So happy right now! I mean I haven't lost any weight since the first week of starting this new lifestyle but damn have I noticed progress. Weird how I haven't lost any weight...but there's still other changes. Like I can lift pretty heavy weights now, I can run for longer, my stomach is kinda noticibly smaller, I went down a size in pants, arms are more firm, legs are more firm, chest isn't looking to bad, and to top it off I can do push ups now. Slowly but surely I'll get to where I want to be. I'm not letting the scale bring me down. Although it'd be nice to see the number go down...

Replies

• mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Very cool!!!
  • wanderingrat
    wanderingrat Posts: 16 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    If you lift, don't be too surprised that the scale doesn't go down at first. That's pretty normal with some people it even goes up a little at first. ;)
    Muscle mass has a higher density than fat meaning: same amount of muscle mass is way heavier than fat. Enjoy the success you see and feel!

And last but not least: Congratulation to mastering push-ups. That's awesome. Keep going!
  • dimnikar
    dimnikar Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It'll go down, just give it time and keep doing what you're doing. You've noticed changes already, so you know you're on the right track!
  • cathiex
    cathiex Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How long did it take for you to be able to do push ups? I've just started weights and when I do a push up, my arms shake like crazy.
  • andygvr96
    andygvr96 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    2 months. I started with ... Idk know what they're called but i did push ups at an angle. I'd put my hands on a table or chair or anything really and just start from there.