Shout your gyms out

Options
Tomm88
Tomm88 Posts: 733 Member
What gym are you going too? is it any good? or are you there because you don't have alot of options in your area?

Replies

• minniesb69
    minniesb69 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I go to the Y. Choose them because of the heated indoor pools and sauna.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I go to a small gym that my trainer owns. It's not open to the public...most of the people there are being coached and only work in the gym when they're being coached...there are a handful of us with "executive" access and can come and go as we please.
  • SuperheroSadie
    SuperheroSadie Posts: 167 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I go to the YMCA! I love it. Income-based payments, brand new equipment, tons of treadmills and ellipticals, group classes, lovely people, pool/sauna/jacuzzi, etc. I used to go to Planet Fitness but the Y is like three minutes from my house, which is really as far as it could be in order for me to not have an 'excuse' to skip that day! :tongue:
  • justjumpit278
    justjumpit278 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I go to my local Planet Fitness. It would be awesome if it had a pool because I'd love to add swimming to my regular exercise, but overall I do love it!
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I go to a small gym that my trainer owns. It's not open to the public...most of the people there are being coached and only work in the gym when they're being coached...there are a handful of us with "executive" access and can come and go as we please.

Oh, well la di da. :tongue:
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    If I shout in my gym some hussy pulls the lunk alarm on me...
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    HOME!!!
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Ironworks Athletic Club. No frilly classes or pool, no bs, just what you need to get it done. Great place.
  • Lextmg86
    Lextmg86 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I go to my....basement lol
  • misskerri623
    misskerri623 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been a member of Planet Fitness for about 4 years- I like that they're open 24/7 and have free tanning and are all over the place so that I can go whether near home, near work or near anything else... downfall for me: no childcare! I also joined the Y about 2-3 months ago so that the whole family can go, I love the variety of family activities and the group classes (including yoga) that they offer (though I've not actually taken any of the classes yet)... downfall for me: we have 5 kids and we both work and it's hard to coordinate time to ever go together; also my 3 year old HATES their childcare. My third and most recent gym iS ILOVEKICKBOXING.COM. I joined a week ago and have been to 3 classes and I love it. I bought a groupon but joined as a member the first day. I love how badass I feel during the class and I love the fact that I feel like I'm going to die during the first 15 minute warm up session, but I haven't died yet- only felt amazing after the class!! lol
  • sharmrp
    sharmrp Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    http://theclubgym.co.uk/ - not open for members yet but am allowed to train with my PT. nothing better than an empty gym, new kit and peace to inspire a good workout!
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    I remember a few years ago a woman here made the mistake of mentioning her gym. It wasn't a big chain so with her location on her profile, some creep was able to easily stalk her. It resulted in him following her to a department store and approaching her in the dressing room, while she had her child with her.

So ladies, be careful what you post!
  • ColeyBear1104
    ColeyBear1104 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I just joined Barbarian Combat Sports, Tim Boetch's gym from the UFC, and I absolutely love it. I get an amazing workout in and I'm always excited to go back.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    MY BASEMENT, with FitnessBlender.
  • Tomm88
    Tomm88 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Mine's called Kneets Den haag, it's a bodybuilding/powerlifting gym, no *kitten*, everyones respectful. Great place.
  • WeekendWarriorTX
    WeekendWarriorTX Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    LA Fitness. i like it fine, it is close to where I live, not too busy in the mornings. It has a pool, but I haven't used it in a couple years. In fact, i don't use a lot of the stuff they offer.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I remember a few years ago a woman here made my day mentioning her gym. It wasn't a big chain so with her location on her profile, I was able to easily stalk her. It resulted in me following her to a department store and approaching her in the dressing room, while she had her child with her.

So ladies, post!

FIFY
  • hockeysniper8
    hockeysniper8 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Goodlife fitness canada, but I have a small home gym with TRX, kettlebells and some dumbells
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Gold's
  • provencal73
    provencal73 Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Gold's Gym! Love this place. Tons of other options but I prefer my iron world at Gold's.