Won't you be my neighbor?

UhOh_ItsKylie
UhOh_ItsKylie Posts: 4 Member
edited March 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all!

I'm Kylie; I'm 28 years old and not new to MyFitnessPal. I was actually very involved here 4 years ago and enjoyed tracking my food and exercise, but reached the point where I didn't want/need to be as strict and fell away. I'm 5'7", 130 lbs, and battling becoming "skinny-fat".

Basically, I could use some accountability. I'm beginning "IIFYM" for the first time and need to keep track of my macros and exercise. I HATE diets and don't do the "starve yourself skinny" thing well at all, so flexible dieting seems like the best fit for me.

As for exercise, I enjoy the occasional trip to the gym but I really love to hate Jillian Michaels, lol. I've completed the 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30 several times, and plan to start a few others soon. I'm trying to get the point where exercising is just another part of my day, like brushing my teeth. I struggle with consistency the most; I have short bursts of motivation and focus, then fall off the wagon. I feel my absolute happiest and most like myself when I'm in shape, and want to make it a normal, consistent part of my life.

Things to know about me: I don't condone eating less than 1,200 calories/day and I really dislike the scale. The less you obsess over the number, the more we'll get along! :smiley:

So, let's be friends! I'll encourage you, comment on your stuff, and cheer you on if you do the same. No Negative Nancy's allowed! :wink:

Replies

• czuzolo
    czuzolo Posts: 2 Member
    Hey Kylie! I am in the same boat as you, I'm 27 and trying to get back into shape and stay away from the dreaded skinny-fat! I don't like dieting especially since for most of my life it was about making sure I ate enough. I have just started a new fitness workout from Kayla Itsines in hope it would get me into a regular routine. I say we keep each other in check and on the right path!
  • Angelszophia
    Angelszophia Posts: 127 Member
    hi add me...
  • MaseNmommaRUN
    MaseNmommaRUN Posts: 9 Member
    I'm in the same boat with needing to be consistent -- when I am, I feel great and staying in shape comes easy. Now I have a toddler to chase around and he sucks the energy out of me. I'm big on commenting and staying in touch - makes me feel accountable. Feel free to add me!
  • mikethomas1804
    mikethomas1804 Posts: 2 Member
    Hey,

I'm 29, let myself enjoy life far too much over the past 2 years and now need to get back into serious shape. I've done p90x before, and currently like weight lifting in the morning (or whenever) play hockey and beach volleyball (indoors, I'm in Canada) and try and easy healthy. I'd really like the accountability too.

Please add me if you like,

Mike
  • danacondah
    danacondah Posts: 57 Member
    I follow an IIFYM diet, feel free to add me for support and motivation :smiley:
  • taterfit
    taterfit Posts: 75 Member
    IIFYM here as well feel free to add me