what's your favorite healthy recipe?

Options
veliia
veliia Posts: 70 Member
Hi everyone, I'm looking for meal ideas. I recently decided to loose weight but have no idea what to eat. I'm not a big fan of chicken or fish so as of now i can only think of lettuce and fruit lol :/ so any ideas are welcome :)

Replies

• rpachigo
    rpachigo Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    not my favorite but lentil soup is easy and nutritious
  • veliia
    veliia Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replying! Silly question but do you just boil it like you would with beans? & i'm guessing no salt is added? Lol
  • SeptemberFeyre
    SeptemberFeyre Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Lean ground beef is good in a lot of dishes--hamburgers, tacos, spaghetti, beef veg soup, chili, beef and broccoli, meatball dishes, burritos, taco salad, these are just a few. Do you like turkey or pork? You can eat anything as long as you can make it fit in your calories and lean beef is not bad at all calorie-wise.
  • jrevis001
    jrevis001 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Califlower fried "rice". Seriously delicious! And my whole family loves it including my pretty picky fiancé. I add chicken, but you can subtract that part. The original recipe didn't include chicken anyway. That was my addition for my carnivorous family :D
  • shannon_daly3
    shannon_daly3 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid of carbs !! Here are some of my favorite recipes:
    http://www.ricardocuisine.com/recipes/4870-vegetarian-quinoa-curry (to reduce to calories I only add 10 g almonds per serving and reduce the oil to 1 tbsp)
    http://www.ricardocuisine.com/recipes/5214-lentil-and-red-bell-pepper-soup (i reduce the oil to 1 tbsp)

There are lots more on the website you can click on «search» and leave it blank, then go under «more» and choose «healthy picks» these recipes are then all healthy and approved by nutritionists! :)
    Ricardo's recipes are all so delicious and they have the nutrition facts per serving ! :)

I hope this helps !!
  • sdionnemoore
    sdionnemoore Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Corn and Black Bean Salsa

1 red (or yellow or orange) pepper, chopped fine
    6 scallions, green parts, chopped
    bunch cilantro, chopped
    2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
    2 cans corn, rinsed and drained
    1/4-1/2 cup sour cream (light can be used, even fat free)
    sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
    salt to taste

Mix together and dig in! Great for salads, dips, tacos. I just make a meal of it sometimes.