Egg fast

Options
Anyone

Replies

• LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    And here we go again....... iv seen some of your posts.... not all of them but many.... I totally think you should check out the CICO "DIET" People have safely lost half their body weight doing this... without starving or doing horrible things to their bodies.... CICO is what MFP promotes.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Timely for Easter. Found several versions online but don't think I would do any of them. I do love eggs but the rest of the diet is trash.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it. Googled it.
    What is an egg fast? It’s a (short term) diet that consists of primarily eggs, cheese, and butter. For each egg you eat, you should eat a corresponding Tbsp of pure fat in the form of butter, olive oil, or coconut oil. You can also eat a corresponding Tbsp of full fat cheese per egg. Doing this will result in an extremely low carb, high fat, moderate protein intake that will kickstart your body into fat burning mode.

That just seems amazingly stupid to me...
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I gotta say, my favorite part of the forums is googling all these crazy diets I woulda never knew existed. Gives me a good chuckle.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    No, not enough carbs sand it makes 0 sense.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I have come to the conclusion that 'Nikki' is either an elaborate piece of performance art, or a bunch of bored sixth-formers mucking about instead of doing their homework.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    No thanks. 00000000000000000000000
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Did I miss a couple days or what? Your last "diet" was like 3 days ago. Why do you keep posting these ridiculous weight loss ideas of yours when you know you're not going to listen to a single thing anyone says? Do you not get enough attention in real life? So sad to see you have such a desperate need for constant attention. Clearly you have some issues that can't be solved on a weight loss forum.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    I gotta say, my favorite part of the forums is googling all these crazy diets I woulda never knew existed. Gives me a good chuckle.

It's quite an education for me. I tend to collect the best nuggets and share them with my best friend over a nice cup a tea.

and now I wonder how many calories you burn from laughing...
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Wow.

If you want to evacuate the whole building with the lovely gale-force side-effects this diet causes, then definitively do try it.

Unless you're talking about a Chocolate Easter egg fast, then I'm all in.

Maybe combine all the diets you've mentioned into one.

All this time wasted on researching gimmick fad diets would have been better spent counting calories and losing weight.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I love my eggs but, no, just no.
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Here we go again.....
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    And the only egg diet I would consider is one that consisted primarily of Cadbury mini-eggs.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    She's baaaaack!... ;)
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    And the only egg diet I would consider is one that consisted primarily of Cadbury mini-eggs.

If I can throw in the Cadbury cream filled eggs, then you've sold me on this diet.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Have to say I love Nikki's consistency and value the entertainment I get from these different diet discussions. Hope some lurkers get some good from the discussions.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Since February 25 you've tried:
    Herbalife
    The master cleanse
    Only fruits and veggies
    Zero carbs
    And now the egg fast

I recognize I'm feeding the trolls, but at this point I think you should pick anything and stick with it for 3 weeks.

Just getting started?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1235566/so-youre-new-here

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Since February 25 you've tried:
    Herbalife
    The master cleanse
    Only fruits and veggies
    Zero carbs
    And now the egg fast

Wasn't this op also doing the 17 day diet?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    OP are you actually trying any of these diets you've been asking about in the forums the last week or so, or are you just doing research? You've really hit all the top fad diets, and for the most part, they are just that - fad diets, meaning they gain a lot of followers with the promise of fast results but no long term sustainability. Sort of like parachute pants, feather earrings, blue mascara, shoulder pads, etc. Sure they might make a brief comeback every few decades, but why not stick with what works over time... a balanced diet that creates a calorie deficit.
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    chocolate egg fast is my fav. diet right before, during and after Easter :) yummy!!!
This discussion has been closed.