65 Days Meat-Free

Options
So when I started 110 days ago on MFP I was very much the meat lover. Fast Food Burgers, Tacos, Cheese Steaks, and Filets, Chicken wings, and Turkey oh my.... My desire to stop eating meat has nothing to do with a political cause, or turning into a tree hugging hipster. It was a source of my over eating binges. While in theory I could be on here and eat those foods and stay under my calories it is very difficult. To wash down my choice of meat I'd have to have fries, cheese fries, cheese and bacon fries, mozzarella sticks, onion rings, jalapeno poppers, Soda, Beer, and probably a ton of other **** that I didn't need.

So in a nut shell... For me the key was dropping meat. I feel so much better and I truly believe the weight loss was made easier.

Have a great night peeps!!

Replies

• j724mecham
    j724mecham Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Never viewed it like that, but you're right. Meat is so often times paired with carbs. Like you said fries, onion rings, potatoes in so many forms, etc... Where did you find your protein from? I assume cheese and eggs and things, just wondering if you found anything else new. Congrats! And depending on where you live, nice timing for 4th of July. I bet you'll be extremely aware now of how much consumption there is.
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like the key was dropping all the things that you ate with you meat, not the meat itself. A lot of empty carbs in the thing you point out that you paired with the meat.

I wouldn't give up meat, just learn to eat other things with it rather than the junky crap.
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    No matter what others think or say how you dropped extra weight>>Do what works for YOU :happy: :smile:

Awesome loss, btw :smokin:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!