help! brown rice & avocado?

Options
veliia
veliia Posts: 70 Member
Hi everyone, what do u think about eating brown rice or avocado when trying to lose weight? I have heard a lot of people say they are ok but I have also had people tell me to avoid them.

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    As long as you're under your calorie goal and measuring your intake accurately, you can eat whatever you want, brown rice and avocados included.

Here's a nice post with links to others that you might want to give a read.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You need to hit your calorie goal - somewhere between your BMR and TDEE - every day, or on average weekly, for a long time, maybe months, to lose weight. There are no foods you must eat or avoid. Eat food you like. But a balanced diet, in a variety of mostly real foods, will help you feel full and satisfied and healthy, so that you can easier manage to stick to your calorie goal.
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Avocado's are a must in my diet and I've lost 32lbs since Jan 6th so I don't think they're hurting anything.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    <3 avocados...with some fresh pico! oooh yes!
  • veliia
    veliia Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Coocoopuff thanks for the links! Thank you all for replying! & cynsoya congratulations on losing 32lbs :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    Losing weight comes down to consuming less energy than you expend...not whether or not you eat an avocado (which is loaded with nutrition BTW) or rice or anything else. They are both energy dense foods though.