Replies

• size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Don't leave it until the last minute is my tip
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I thought "quick weight loss" posts were supposed to be shut down? MOD! WE NEED A MOD IN HERE!

but seriously 3 weeks and 10 lbs = NO. 6lbs? Maybe. Get up and move, eat filling foods and stay below your maintenance. There's no quick fix I promise you.

If the OP came in and said "I need to lose 10 pounds by April 2nd and I'm going to eat 500 calories a day to do it!" then it would be shut down
  • mandykent111
    mandykent111 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am sure whatever you need to lose weight for is not worth sacrificing your health in the end. Do your best, and I am sure you will look great for whatever you have coming up.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    lipo
  • benboyd85
    benboyd85 Posts: 60 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Without knowing how much you weigh and what you are doing it would be hard to say how much you could lose by then. This is good advice for doing what you can to reach your goal, I would just be sure to add some extra cardio in there as well.
  • Tyler2020Mike
    Tyler2020Mike Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    how can I loss like ten pounds by april 2

Hello, Samandrosie! To the best of my knowledge, just walk for a couple of hours a day, let alone 30 minutes. Along with watching what you consume, then again it depends on your age and sex as well.
  • qb63
    qb63 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I lost 24lbs in 4mths and I was quite chuffed at that speed :lol:

Don't know what "chuffed" means but I like the way it sounds. :)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    qb63 wrote: »

Hehe it's Aussie/British lingo.

Chuffed means: To be very pleased, proud or happy with yourself.
  • bathmatt12345
    bathmatt12345 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Actually that isn't hard, but it won't be fat and it wont make you look much different. http://breakingmuscle.com/mma/how-to-cut-weight-the-right-way
  • Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    how can I loss like ten pounds by april 2

Adipex.. I lost 8 lbs in my first week but it has been slow going since then.. In the last 3 weeks I have lost 13 lbs
  • DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Spanx and contouring.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    Weigh in the outer atmosphere of Earth?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • bikebasket
    bikebasket Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    qb63 wrote: »

Hehe it's Aussie/British lingo.

Chuffed means: To be very pleased, proud or happy with yourself.

I like that word..new one for me, too..I'm ready to feel chuffed...lost 3 pounds last week and hoping for any amount lost this week...will be happy with half pound or more..as long as I am going down
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,996 Member
    Options

malibu927 wrote: »

This just goes to prove how easy it is to be off when you try to guesstimate weight without using a scale. I was going to suggest the OP hack off an arm to lose 10 lbs, but apparently I would have been off by 2 lbs! 20% !! And I've been weighing my food for two and a half years!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Buy a unicorn and ride it over a rainbow three times. If that doesn't work, slit its throat and drink the blood mixed with raspberry ketones.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Buy a unicorn and ride it over a rainbow three times. If that doesn't work, slit its throat and drink the blood mixed with raspberry ketones.

I strongly disapprove of drinking unicorn blood for weight loss. Inhaling unicorn farts however, is uplifting and could create a feeling of floating.
  • MamaMc3
    MamaMc3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is to set a reasonable MFP calorie goal, stick to it, and get a moderate amount of exercise. Maybe you'll lose 20 lbs in that time, maybe you won't. Either way, you're better off than when you started.

We all want to look good for big events, but 20 lbs. isn't worth risking your health over by crash dieting.