Not sure if this is the place to post.

Options
The plan I'm trying has you drinking milk sometimes. I don't really like milk that well so any ideas of other types or flavored milk that would be ok?

Replies

• MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Depends if adding flavor means adding additional sugars which may not be on the plan?
    Can try Almond Milk or Coconut Milk?
  • Harleyford10
    Harleyford10 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes sorry I didn't explain that. I would like to stay with not adding sugars to it.
  • amclain93
    amclain93 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    When i was little i loved putting cinnamon in my milk. Havent done it in years, but it cuts the creamy factor which i know some people arent fans of.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Did a dietician or nutritionist write this plan for you ? If so, ask them what can be substituted.

If no, i would find something with similar macros - calories and drink or eat that in place of the glass of milk.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    The plan I'm trying has you drinking milk sometimes. I don't really like milk that well so any ideas of other types or flavored milk that would be ok?

I think it would depend on the plan you're following and why it has you drinking so much milk. If it's for the protein, fat, or calcium, then you'd want to keep those consistent when you make any swaps. Nut or soy milks might not cut it. You might be able to exchange the milk for other dairy products like yogurt, but again it depends on the plan.

If it were me, I wouldn't stick with a plan that's largely based around a food I don't like. But more details might help others suggest swaps.
  • Harleyford10
    Harleyford10 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Well it's a plan that I found. It's based on a 2000 cal diet and I like most everything but the milk. I'm pretty much new to all of this. It was just one I found that I liked on the Internet (not always a good choice) but thought it might be a good start.