Fabletics.. yay or nay?

Options
2»

Replies

• kstarallen
    kstarallen Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I like my outfit from Fabletics, and haven't been charged for skipping months. But I don't have experience with high end brands like Lulu so what I think is good quality may not really be I suppose.
  • 100df
    100df Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Nay. Canceling is similar to what it was like canceling AOL years ago.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    No, it would be a continuous expense that would soon add up to way more than I would ever spend otherwise. Plus they make it really hard to find stuff I like. And they still are crap at sports bra sizing. S M L, are they freaking kidding me? It's a bra. SIZE it like a bra! Band and cup!
  • AlicCyb
    AlicCyb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've found the quality to be lacking. An example is I've ordered 2 pairs of long pants, one they only had the regular 28 inseam, and then the other leggings as the short 26 inseam and the shorter ones are actually longer by 3 inches. I'm used to vanity sizing but what's supposed to be a standard measurement. Material gets picky easily (and I wash in cold water and hang dry).

It's also been real easy in the past to skip, but this month they added another confirmation screen so it's added another step (so if you're not real careful, you may not end up skipping and getting charged)

Sports bras have very little support in my experience, sizes get sold out quickly, and they change things without letting people know (like their points system last year: when before it was accumulate 1000 points and get an outfit credit. Now they changed it to get certain items like a shirt for 700 points, and the shirt is in the final close out sale section. They're also doing less performance pieces and more athleisure stuff it seems.

I'm going to call and cancel when I actually have time to sit on hold and then go through the whole script they have to do in order to prevent you from cancelling. I'm also keeping track of the cards to ensure nothing's charged.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I have been a member for almost a year now, and I haven't been charged for skipping a month. I guess I'm lucky.

I do like the clothes though. I haven't had any problems with them.

If you are looking for workout gear that is good quality for a good price, try shopping at TJ Maxx or one of those discount department stores. They usually carry name brands like Nike, Reebok, etc for much cheaper than buying it at the Nike store.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Zella is always on sale, almost half off during the Nordstrom anniversary sale.

Lucy does a half off sale around the holidays (these are my favorite).

Or there's always the Nike Employee Store and factory stores (at least in my area).
  • Suzanne106
    Suzanne106 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    The clothes at Fabletics aren't cheap. I always purchase Fila and it lasts a really long time, washes well and is well priced. Workout clothes aren't better just because they cost more or have a fancy LuLuLemon label!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    TJ Maxx is my go to for good quality athletic wear at cheap prices.
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    ASKyle wrote: »
    Zella is always on sale, almost half off during the Nordstrom anniversary sale.

Lucy does a half off sale around the holidays (these are my favorite).

Or there's always the Nike Employee Store and factory stores (at least in my area).

Zella is one of my faves. Hit the Rack and you can get some good deals!
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Victoria's Secret has the best quality by far, IMHO. Full price is steep but they run sales often. Last fall they had a promotion to buy one sports bra and get a pair of workout pants for free. Given the fact that the bras can be around $35.00 and the pants are $65.00 or $75.00 it was a steal! I stocked up during that time.

Xersion brand at JC Penny is good, too, but not near the quality of VS.

I love VS workout wear...if you are looking online, they have a clearance page, and often you can find sports bra's, tee's, leggings for a super deal!
  • noelmkhan
    noelmkhan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I recently got a bunch of great quality workout clothes from Nordstromrack.com! Check out their sales! They had tons of stuff!
  • mixmastermel_b
    mixmastermel_b Posts: 40 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I LOVE my Fabletics pants- they have held up after so many washes and in the dryer. I think the sports bras are lousy and the sizing on the shirts off. So it's a mixed bag. I just set myself a calendar reminder to cancel and never have any problems being late to skipping so I've been never been charged when I don't feel like buying anything. I had a friend of mine cancel recently and had zero hassle about it. I think Nordstrom Rack has some amazing deals on name brand gear and when UA has their big sales I grab stuff from them directly.
  • aub6689
    aub6689 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised by all the negative, I've had my subscription for a long time. The pants are actually squat proof! I have skipped multiple months very easily.... like it is a button and they send me an email reminding me to skip before the 5th. I also have received a lot of compliments from my clothes from them. I keep meaning to cancel because I probably have plenty of workout clothes, but I really like them.