Someone Left A Recipe On My Desk

Options
CrabNebula
CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
I came back from lunch and I found a card on my desk with a recipe on it: Samoa Brownie Parfait with Salted Carmel Sauce. I skimmed through the ingredients and felt my arsch expanding. I decided to put it into the recipe calculator. Guys, I knew it was going to be bad, but one serving of this is 1711 calories. I would recommend it to bulkers, but it only has 11g of protein for all of those calories! :open_mouth:

If you need to desperately gain weight, here is the recipe:

http://www.countrycleaver.com/2013/02/samoas-brownie-parfait-with-salted-caramel-sauce.html

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I really think some office people like to sabotage others.
    If you find out who it is leave them this recipe:
    Bruléed French Toast at The Cheesecake Factory's
    The French toast contains 2,780 calories, 2,230 milligrams of sodium, 24 teaspoons of sugar and 93 grams of saturated fat -- the recommended amount of saturated fat for a full work week. And, it's not the 200-calorie side of bacon or ham that's boosting the meal into high-calorie heaven. It's the butter-infused syrup and the custard-like filling in the bread.
    Recipe: http://abountifulkitchen.com/2014/10/creme-brulee-french-toast-with-creamy.html
    Yummy?
  • codygish
    codygish Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Some people just want to see the world burn. :smiley:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'd tap that.
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Shouldn't there be some sort of law against posting recipes that could easily give even the strong and healthy among us heart attacks? (Thanks for the posts, though--I needed to be horrified today. :) )
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Maybe they just want to help you bounce back from those catastrophic 'No-Carb Lemon Bars' you brought to the last potluck.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    yum
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    The French toast contains 2,780 calories, 2,230 milligrams of sodium, 24 teaspoons of sugar and 93 grams of saturated fat -- the recommended amount of saturated fat for a full work week. And, it's not the 200-calorie side of bacon or ham that's boosting the meal into high-calorie heaven. It's the butter-infused syrup and the custard-like filling in the bread.
    Recipe: http://abountifulkitchen.com/2014/10/creme-brulee-french-toast-with-creamy.html
    Yummy?

I just ate dinner and now I'm hungry again. I wish there was a Cheesecake Factory near me.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Yummy?

IN
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Cocoa-laced angel food cake with Samoa chunks, frozen greek yogurt with agave-sweetened cocoa swirled in, low-fat whipped cream, a small mountain of coconut flakes, and diabetic-friendly caramel sauce... if I were a chocolate person and someone did that, I'd bring a meal's worth of calories in the form of that for lunch and eat it in front of everyone. Maybe bring a salad on the side too to see how many heads I could get to shake.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    brower47 wrote: »
    Yummy?

I just ate dinner and now I'm hungry again. I wish there was a Cheesecake Factory near me.

Me too ! There isn't even one in my state for goodness sakes. But if there was, I'd be eating that !
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    This makes me think of some of Jean Teasdale's recipes:

Chocolate-Caramel-Raspberry-Peach-Mint Trifle With Whipped-Cream Garnish
    Four Alarm Double Mocha Chip Brownies, with mint-fudge filling and chocolate syrup with cherry flavoring glaze
    Dark-passion cherry-mint brownies with cocoa-cream-cheese/peanut-butter frosting
  • vivrevotrevie
    vivrevotrevie Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I was asked to make a special cake for a going away party at work. One slice was around 1200 cals.....

WHY!!!!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    holy crap thats more than some peoples calorie allowance.that could wipe out a deficit for the week too. I mean who could stop at one? lol
  • WYMANT0004
    WYMANT0004 Posts: 81 Member
    Options

The solution to this is simple: Make the recipe and bring it in and set it out in the communal gathering area. The culprit will likely assume you made it and ate yours and brought the leftovers in. They will also likely partake because they are weak willed. They get the "satisfaction" of thinking they screwed you over, you get the actual satisfaction of getting them off your back and not caving in to their sabotage
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I think I'd just put two somoas on either vanilla or caramel flavored greek yogurt and call it a day. Looks tasty, but also looks like a lot of effort. I'm too lazy...
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Yummy?

Who tried to sabotage you? Ben Bernanke?
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    WYMANT0004 wrote: »

The solution to this is simple: Make the recipe and bring it in and set it out in the communal gathering area. The culprit will likely assume you made it and ate yours and brought the leftovers in. They will also likely partake because they are weak willed. They get the "satisfaction" of thinking they screwed you over, you get the actual satisfaction of getting them off your back and not caving in to their sabotage

That would only work if she could make it without eating some of it. Which I could not. I am weak. lol
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    WYMANT0004 wrote: »

I'd be pissed if I was trying to lose weight/eat healthy and someone put that on my desk. Here's what I'd do:
    • Bake the cake, but...
    • Add something like Mirolax or Colon Blow to the ingredients
    • Write a note saying, "Thank you to the kind-hearted soul that suggested I make this fabulous recipe! This cake is for YOU and YOU ALONE! Enjoy!"
    • Bar the door to the restrooms, and post a note saying "Mind your own business next time, jack@ss!"
    • Watch the hilarity ensue

Too much?
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    CrabNebula wrote: »
    I came back from lunch and I found a card on my desk with a recipe on it: Samoa Brownie Parfait with Salted Carmel Sauce. I skimmed through the ingredients and felt my arsch expanding. I decided to put it into the recipe calculator. Guys, I knew it was going to be bad, but one serving of this is 1711 calories. I would recommend it to bulkers, but it only has 11g of protein for all of those calories! :open_mouth:

http://www.countrycleaver.com/2013/02/samoas-brownie-parfait-with-salted-caramel-sauce.html

Did you subtract out the brownies the author says will be left over? No way can you fit an entire pan of brownies in 4 stemless wine glasses. Not unless they are smooshed in there solidly - and then where would the whipped cream and salted caramel sauce go?

I'm thinking the actual cost per serving like in the photo is closer to 1000 cals. Still very high, but a lot less. And I bet a pretty satisfying rendition could be done around 500 cals if you adjust whipped cream, brownie and sauce ratios.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    CrabNebula wrote: »

Did you subtract out the brownies the author says will be left over? No way can you fit an entire pan of brownies in 4 stemless wine glasses. Not unless they are smooshed in there solidly - and then where would the whipped cream and salted caramel sauce go?

I'm thinking the actual cost per serving like in the photo is closer to 1000 cals. Still very high, but a lot less. And I bet a pretty satisfying rendition could be done around 500 cals if you adjust whipped cream, brownie and sauce ratios.

Challenge accepted.