Vegetables and Fruits.....do you log them?

2»

Replies

• snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Everything I eat and drink is logged. Everything has calories and they add up.
    To avoid another post that comes up daily, "Why am I not losing weight"?
    Weigh it, measure it, and log it all. Stay within your calorie amount, and you will not be posting one of the daily "why am I not losing", topics.
  • jgaffney86
    jgaffney86 Posts: 35 Member
    If you bite it you write it!

Fruits and Veggies have calories. Bananas usually around 110 calories ish. Apples around 80 depending on size. That can all add up!
  • ecoforestry
    ecoforestry Posts: 13 Member
    "If you bite it, write it!" Is my philosophy.

That being said, I am very careful in measuring portions with calorie-dense foods (like pasta, cheese, etc) and a little more relaxed about measuring low calorie veggies (like cucumber slices).
    I like to use a kitchen scale for most measuring. Much easier and more accurate than volume for most foods. So, I would ALWAYS weigh a piece of pizza if I splurged on that (and figure out calories from that ). I might just estimate a handful of veggies.
    This also encourages me to eat the veggies, because it is less work to log them : )
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Both of them have calories in them so of course I log them.
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Doesn't matter if you eat a diet of 100% steak or 100% vegetables...if you are eating more than you are burning, you CAN get fat off of it. I'm vegan. I'm almost entirely a whole-foods vegan and have been nearly my entire life. 90% of what I eat on a daily basis are vegetables, and guess what? I got fat. Of course you should log them. If it has calories, log it.
  • ndfan620
    ndfan620 Posts: 5 Member
    I log them as well.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    ASKyle wrote: »
    Count them. I'll have close to 250 calories by the end of the day.

That's the difference of me losing a half pound a week... that I wouldn't lose if I didn't log them!

^^ this
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Yes and no. I always log the fruit I have with breakfast and lunch. But the veg that I have on the side with dinner really depends on how close I am to my calorie limit. 100g of brocolli is about 30 odd calories. I don't eat close to 100g of brocolli with my dinner, so I'm not t0o bothered about logging that 15 calories.

But I'm losing weight when I want and maintaining when I want. The moment that I stop being able to do either of those then I would start logging everything.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    I log veggies, except sometimes I won't log lettuce I put on something. Lettuce may as well be air, IMO. :smile:
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Log them. They are still contributing to your overall calorie intake. If you have 2 pieces of fruit per day and 5 servings of veggies, that could be in excess of 200 calories, why wouldn't you log that?