Tips to eat more protein

Options
Hi everyone!

I was wondering if you could share some tips to eat more protein on a 1400 calories a day diet ?

I already snack on cottage cheese, greek yogourt, boiled eggs and I was wondering if anyone has other ideas?

Thank you !!

Replies

• HappyAnna2014
    HappyAnna2014 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Quest bars!! I love them, and they have 20 g protein.
  • Heather68462
    Heather68462 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Premier Protein vanilla drinks 30 grams protein 160 calories, 2 gm? sugar
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    These Butterball frozen turkey burgers are actually pretty good IMO. 240 calories with 31g of protein.

http://www.butterball.com/products/turkey-burgers-and-meatballs/original-seasoned-frozen-turkey-burgers
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Whey Isolate - no brainer. ;)
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Chicken?
  • pierlow
    pierlow Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    True all natural protein powders, usually these have very low carbs and remember to get those without artificial sweeteners, and fillers. Avoid popular common brands like Optimum if you are health conscious, even for their "Natural". I used to be their customer when I was a noob
  • acash64
    acash64 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am on the road a lot. So I buy the packets of Tera's Whey Grass fed (can get on Amazon, Wholefoods, or Vitamin Store) Packets to add to 8 oz of water. 110 calories with 20g Protein, 1.5g Fat, 5g carbs.
  • shannon_daly3
    shannon_daly3 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your ideas ! Very appreciated :)
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    pierlow wrote: »
    True all natural protein powders, usually these have very low carbs and remember to get those without artificial sweeteners, and fillers. Avoid popular common brands like Optimum if you are health conscious, even for their "Natural". I used to be their customer when I was a noob

There is nothing wrong with Optimum Nutrition's whey protein.

There is also no reason to only get "natural" protein powder (which doesn't exist if you stop to think about it) or to avoid artificial sweeteners.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    What works for me is just consistently including protein whenever I eat (mostly just 3 meals).

If you look over your diary, see if you are low for a particular meal and if so increase there. I tend to have a 2 egg vegetable omelet for breakfast and saw that it was lower than I liked, so I usually have some other protein with it, either greek yogurt or cottage cheese or some smoked salmon. (I could add egg whites, but I'm all about the whole eggs.)