6 weeks in and not the result I was hoping for...

Options
13»

Replies

• spamslamtaco
    spamslamtaco Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started going to the gym every day, 60 min a day of cardio (sometimes 30 min cardio, 30 min of weights), and I haven't lost pounds or inches. In fact, I've gained 1/2" around the waist. When I try to cut calories, I get too hungry during the day and too weak/not motivated to exercise more. So I'm in a slump, much like you are.

I don't weigh my food using a scale, so maybe that's something I should try too. I am also going to focus on drinking more water.

It is very discouraging to be working so hard and not see any physical changes :( But I do notice my strength and stamina have improved a lot! So I FEEL better, generally. Just not LOOK better :p (in my opinion, of course!)
  • roseannestephens
    roseannestephens Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the ideas and support. I'm ready to kick it up and see how the next 6 week go.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    My weight fluctuates, but my waist is consistently shrinking. My face is thinner as well. You can't go off of weight alone. Try upping your calories slowly.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    If you had a four inch square of fat and muscle. The muscle will weigh more. You are correct about a lb. being a lb.