Hard time with maintaining

Hi I am a 21 year old female, about a year ago I lost 28 pounds. I dropped from 135 to 107 and I am 5'1. For the last 6 months I've had such an easy time with maintenance. Usually I try to eat healthy during the week and cheat on the weekends. I am somewhat active, I am a college student so I walk a lot but only go to the gym 2-3 times per week. Mfp says I should eat 1530 for maintenance and I normally eat 1300 during the week and more on the weekends. For a while this was working great, but ash of recently I've been slowly putting on 3 pounds over the last month and a half. I know 3 pounds isn't a lot but It is scaring me. I also don't want to only eat 1300 cals a day for the rest of my life,but every time I try to increase my weight shoots up even more and usually goes back down. However it has not been going back down recently.

Replies

• Georgia422016
    Georgia422016 Posts: 38 Member
    make sure you increase the calories at a really slow rate and see if that helps, maybe add 50-100cal and stay on that for 3-4 weeks then up it again
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    I gain a few pounds and lose it in the spring - did it every year for 40 years. It was because I was walking less in the cold and eating more. Log for a week or two and see if you have extra calories.
  • mom2ava07
    mom2ava07 Posts: 186 Member
    I have no advice but I'm in a similar situation. I was maintaining easily for several months and suddenly I started gaining. I'm up about 5 lbs which isn't drastic, but odd considering I haven't slacked up on my logging one bit or increased my calories from what I easily maintained on before. It's odd.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Sometimes we can undo our whole weeks deficit in one 'cheat' day.