What is your most favorite dessert in the world?

Options
I love that desserts are not forbidden. I love them all.

Replies

• Jellygrl
    Jellygrl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Does it have to be just one? Lemon curd cheesecake, pavlova, ice cream ......
  • rawley69
    rawley69 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Gummy sharks.
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    They sound delicious !!
  • Michaelg235
    Michaelg235 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    strawberry covered cheesecake

and now I hate myself for coming in here
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Cheese platter. I will toss over any sweet dessert for a good cheese platter. Nom nom nom.

But if I HAD to choose a dessert, it would be sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauce and ice cream.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Piping hot churros dipped in nutella, or warm gooey chocolate chip cookies
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    apple pie topped with cinnamon ice cream. or a really good brownie
  • LuckyAndi
    LuckyAndi Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Tiramisu. I could eat it every day and not regret it.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake and creme' Brulee
  • Alarae21
    Alarae21 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hot chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Lemon meringue pie and black forest cake
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I've been into Christmas pastries (my favorite pastry), dairy free mochi ice cream, dark chocolate, banana pancakes... I also love really decadent chocolate cake.

Also, blueberry muffins and apple pie... *drool*
  • emmaprocopiou
    emmaprocopiou Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Sticky toffee pudding
    And custard
    Christmas pudding
    Chocolate fondant
    Profiteroles
    Anything with salted caramel
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    How could I possibly pick one favorite dessert? As near as I can tell this is the entire point of the website Pinterest... to collect all the delicious desserts. And make them all. I will horde calories all day to enjoy one of these amazing desserts.

There's cakes - and sometimes a decadent chocolate is perfect, sometimes a light sponge cake, and sometimes you just want to go crazy with that orange walnut coffee cake. Coconut bundt, hot milk cake, old-fashioned German apple cake, Orange creamsicle ice cream cake, zucchini cake, mud cake, Boston cream poke cake, red velvet roll cake, lemon blueberry cake... plus the beautiful little delights known as cupcakes.

And there's cookies - pick ONE cookie? At Christmas, its obligatory to serve seven different kinds of traditional Scandinavian cookies to guests (big shoutout to Spritz)! And they're all scrumptious. My chocolate chip cookies are perfect, but so are the snickerdoodles, Mary's sugar cookies, and oatmeal raisin cookies, and white chocolate peppermint cookies, and candy cane cookies, and strawberry lemonade cookies, and shortbread...

Or bars. Not a cookie, not a cake, they can be eaten with or without frosting. Double delicious cookie bars. Brownies. Toffee Bars on Shortbread. Peanut Butter Bars. Rice Crispy Bars. Lemon Bars. Caramel Crunch Bars. Strawberry Cheesecake Bars...

Pies.. lemon merengue. strawberry. apple. blueberry, mincemeat, sour cream raisin, pumpkin, sweet potato, pecan, coconut cream, key lime...

Or just fancy desserts? Tiramisu? Lemon curd? Peppermint patties, truffles of all varieties, apple crisp, rhubarb crisp, cream puffs, English toffee, beignets, strawberry sorbet, ice creams and frozen custards...

Learning to bake was seriously one of the most rewarding life skills I picked up.

postscript: I don't have a favorite color either.
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Alarae21 wrote: »
    Hot chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream.

this!!!
  • HStheBusyBee
    HStheBusyBee Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Apply and blackberry crumble made by my mum
  • swift13b
    swift13b Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I echo @tomteboda's sentiments, I can't pick just one dessert. Sometimes I'll be eating one and think "yes, this is it!" Then I'll have the exact same thought while eating something else a few days later.

If there's lemon tart or lemon meringue pie on the menu, I almost always go for that.

I'm not a big fan of chocolate in things like ice cream or sponge cake but I do like a good brownie, decadent mud cake with ganache frosting or hedgehog slice.

Speaking of slices, caramel slice is everything to me. I think of it more as a snack than a dessert though, since I'm more likely to eat it during the day rather than at night.

I eat ice cream for dessert pretty much every night. I went to an ice cream festival a few weeks ago and it was heaven. Apple crumble, pistachio, cherry ripe fro yo and orange and poppyseed were the highlights.

I'm also a fan of desserts that feature a lot of whipped cream, like pavlova and trifle (without the jelly as I'm vegetarian and don't eat gelatin).

Honestly there a few desserts that I would say no to. Pretty much anything with mint flavouring is a definite no though.
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Oh boy.
    Salted caramel profiteroles
    Nutella cheesecake
    Tiramisu
    Tres Leches cake with strawberries on top
    Dark chocolate orange cheesecake
    Dulce de leche filled churros
    Raspberry & white chocolate brownies
    Strawberry rum cupcakes (madeira sponge recipe with chopped strawberries, with a strawberry and dark rum frosting)

And now I'm hungry! :)
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake. The unbaked variety.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Ice cream, ice cream, ice cream!!!
    Also carrot cake, cheesecake, and a hot brownie with... Ice cream!!