AH'M NEW~

Options
and when i'm at home i can eat tooootally healthy but it seems the second i leave the house, unhealthy things whisper alluringly to me and i have to go get them! HOW CAN I KEEP MY MOTIVATION WHEN I'M OUT AND ABOUT~!?!?

Replies

• Scncartist
    Scncartist Posts: 173
    Options
    For me, in situations like that, I just think how much work it will take to exercise that off...I HATE exercise so I really have to want that shake or sandwich (or whatever)!

In the past, when I exercised a TON and got to my goal weight I always allowed myself one guilt free meal per week if I was good with my work outs. I didn't try to work it off, I just enjoyed every single bite. Throughout the week's workouts I'd fantasize about what that meal would be.

I don't know if it would work for you, but thats what I did/do. :-)
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I try to leave my money at home. Paying by debit makes the people in line behind me sigh with frustration...
  • lifechanges06
    lifechanges06 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bring some snacks with you or plan your food for the day and enter it in your diary, to make u see what and how many calories u are using.. any way to trick my brain is good.

hope that helps
    Sharon
  • jlclarke
    jlclarke Posts: 107
    Options
    I try to stay away from items that are tempting to me and when I have to go by them I think about how much exercise its going to take to lose all those calories that I would have eat. It seems to work for me. Hope you find something that works for you. Good luck. Jackie
  • cindeazy
    cindeazy Posts: 5
    Options
    thanks, those were all so helpful~ i'm totally gonna bring healthy snacks with me~!!!
  • lisalynn35
    lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Think to yourself, "Thin tastes better than anything I could put in my mouth!"

You can do it!
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Probably you can eat something before you leave, and carry some stuff too. If you wait for a few min before eating that food, the craving will go away :wink: