The plateau motivation

Options
I have been on my weight loss and toning train for about 3 months. I am still going strong with the exercise, but it's the sweet treats I am having an issue with. I was so motivated and determined in the begin in so how that I have seen progress I am starting to give in more and more to sweets that I shouldn't. Any tips and tricks to refrain from doing this? I have tried setting Non food goals but it is not seeming to work. TIA!

Replies

• ladymorevna
    ladymorevna Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ha! I have done this so many times - "I've worked out so well, having a slice of cake won't hurt me" - then you don't necessarily move forward, but you don't move back either. What I did at the beginning was I set, instead of one day a week where I could have a sweet treat, was to set an actual goal. E.g. lose one inch around waist, or increase my running distance by half a mile. Once that was achieved, I'd reward myself, but not before. It's not ideal but works better than having them often.
  • bbop10
    bbop10 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have a MAJOR sweet tooth, but I try to have mostly natural sugars from fruit. Or select a healthier option like yogurt or make a chocolate shake (I like unsweetened coconut almond milk, 1 cup of ice, 1 packet of stevia, pb2 and cocoa). I can't cut off sweets completely so I have only healthy compromises. I hope this helps.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Deprivation rarely works long term. Weight loss relies mostly on CICO (calories in/calories out) and if you have calories to spare, then it's not wrong to use them on things you like to eat. The problem is that many people exceed their calories eating things they like to eat, hence weight gain.
    It's a behavioral issue and can be addressed. You just have to really be committed to doing it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png