Wine me a river .. What is your Favorite wine?

Options
majigurl
majigurl Posts: 660 Member
Pretty easy! Pics of you drinking your favorite wine!!

Don't forget to let us know which wine it is and how yummy-lish it is.

and go!

Replies

• Lone_wolf46
    Lone_wolf46 Posts: 2,711 Member
    Options
    April Wine
  • kat_para_
    kat_para_ Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Sorry, no pic but my fav is Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc (New Zealand).
  • Graymanstole
    Graymanstole Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I live in Virginia. 250+ wineries here. Haven't gotten to them all yet. However, a small winery called Rogers Ford Farm has a Chard I really enjoy.
  • luntyp
    luntyp Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    THE KIND WITH ALCOHOL!! Lol but really, mostly any cabernet sauvignon...I'm exploring the boxed varieties, right now I'm loving the Vin Vault.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I don't want to incriminate myself cause I really enjoy all wines provided they aren't sweet. The sole exception to that @Graymanstole is the chocolate red wine from Horton in Virginia.
    Whites, I prefer bubbly off dries. Vinho verde is probably my favorite white. For reds there are too many to name. I do like a nice pinot noir for something not too dry. For drier wines I like a Sangiovese or Malbec.

I've been getting into some of the blends lately too. They tend to be less expensive and some have great flavor. 12 hands makes some decent blends although most are sweeter than I prefer.
  • Graymanstole
    Graymanstole Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    @enterdanger I go to the Horton pig roast every July. Not a huge fan of their wines as a whole, but the White Chocolate wine mixed with their Raspberry wine is like drinking a glass of dessert.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I like lots of wine as long as they're not overly sweet like Moscato, YUCK. My favorite is a Tawny Port. Although it's a bit sweet, it has more of bourbon taste, to me anyway. Some might disagree.

Taylor_Tawny_Port.jpg
  • 75in2013
    75in2013 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    My family's wine :)
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I started drinking it because it was one of the lowest calorie reds I could find. (115 for 5 oz) It's really grown on me and it's cheap :) Laugh all you want...

about-worldclassics-chianti.jpg
  • nomoyoyoing
    nomoyoyoing Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Predator - organic red Zin. Just look for the ladybug on the bottle. It's delicious (the wine, not the ladybug ;)
  • hockeysniper8
    hockeysniper8 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    South American reds
  • WeekendWarriorTX
    WeekendWarriorTX Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    kparadon wrote: »
    Sorry, no pic but my fav is Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc (New Zealand).

SB from the Marlborough Valley is my favorite white. I saw that Kim Crawford has a new SB called Spitfire, have you tried it? I almost got a bottle last night but couldn't pull the trigger on an $18 bottle (when I was already getting a bottle of red)

My favorite is a Malbec from South America. There isn't one vineyard i really prefer, but i buy the Casillero de Diablo a lot

• DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    Options
    "What's the word? Thunderbird!

thunderbird.jpg
  • artzymummy
    artzymummy Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Apothic Dark. Bought a bottle a couple years ago for new years and drank it all myself. >:) Wasn't my fault no one else wanted wine.

I couldn't find it again after that but came across it last weekend and it's still sooooo gooood. I don't care for any of the other Apothic wines though.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    Options
    Actually, I prefer a Merlot, Chianti, Shiraz or a Cabernet Sauvignon I also like Riesling, Gewurztraminer and there’s a N.C vineyard down the street (Duplin vineyards) that sells a sweet Moscato.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Barleywine. :)
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    This is one of my top 3..

bottle_red.png
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I'm normally a Bourbon drinker, but, occasionally, I like a Ruby Port when smoking cigars.