My 1 year progress

Options
ZoeLifts
ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
Hey all,
I've been around longer than a year and have gone through many different ways to change my body, but I finally see a bit of a difference in my progress pics so I thought I would share. I'm not real strict on my cutting, so I'm sure I could really apply myself and get as lean as some others have been able to get, but I just like food too dang much! Frankly, my focus has been on building strength and recomposition rather than just losing the weight on the scale. The difference in the two pics is about 6 or 7 pounds, depending on the time of day. In the 1st picture, taken in July of last year, I was 160, and currently I flow back and forth between 153 and 154, sometimes as low as 151, it all depends.

I am 35, and prior to last March I had some strength training experience, but not really the way I do now. I have tried Insanity, P90X, and several other videos that were ok for a while, but I just couldn't spend that much time. I always loved actually lifting weights, but have never liked doing cardio of any kind, so early last year I began doing Stronglifts 3 days a week and no cardio. I now do Wendler's 5/3/1 BBB, which I enjoy immensely, and usually lift 3-4 times a week, still no cardio other than a light warm up. My food strategy is Leangains and I have gone back and forth between a recomp and cutting cycle most of the time. I do leangains mostly because it fits my eating style the best. If you have any questions about these, I'll be happy to give you more information.

Anywho, hopefully you can see a difference too. I would post more pics, but this one shows the biggest difference to me. I don't see as much of a difference straight on, though others seem to. Thank you for reading this!! :flowerforyou:

p5wftqpl.jpg

ETA: The first pic has a cameo of my gray long haired cat, Jack Bauer. He wanted to be in the pic too! (bottom right)

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    cm-34633-050bc50ce3a7b4.gif

YOU ROCK!!! Great job!

btw...
    I can totally see a difference in:
    - your shoulders
    - your triceps
    - your thighs
    - your calves
    - your obliques
    - your butt

and yes... even your posture.
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    I just noticed you changed your profile then you posted this. BIG diffference! Glad to see your confidence in posting these. You should be proud.
  • ZoeLifts
    Options
    Thanks you guys!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

I finally figured out how to do some side by side pics, so I figured I do a little success story :blushing:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Wooooowwwww!!!!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    sexy!!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Sweeeeeeeeeeet!!!! :drinker:
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Looking good! Lift all the weights and eat all the foods!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. I can see difference in your...everything. All of it. :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • ashbramwell
    ashbramwell Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Such an inspiration! Even though the scale has a ~5lb difference you really do look like a totally different person! Proof here that ladies should lift :)
  • TheSwoleMinister_deleted
    Options
    Awesome job!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • ZoeLifts
    Options
    :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

tumblr_m6no0n299l1rys4czo1_r1_500.gif
  • kittycollins7
    kittycollins7 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wow! great job!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Wow excellent progress! You look amazing.
  • dianebiaggini
    dianebiaggini Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Your posture and the way your tummy looks in your before pic reminds me of how I look right now. I am also 35 and I carry my weight in my middle / thighs and have narrow shoulders/small chest, Would love to get fit looking like you! Have been tracking food for 20 days and getting more active. It's been a process, probably started in all earnest about a year ago but have had some ups and downs. i love my cardio but trying to incorporate more bodyweight and strength exercises. not seeing immediate gains but of course its early days yet. Anyway, awesome effort. As one poster said above, you can see your changes everywhere! It's kind of warped that when you look at the pic they don't jump out at you but I guess we become so accustomed to our reflections and don't see ourselves as others do!
  • hide_yo_cats
    hide_yo_cats Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Awesome!

fuj6BpP.gif
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    28728-Merle-Dixon-damn-youre-looking-je21.gif
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Anywho, hopefully you can see a difference too.

p5wftqpl.jpg

Wow! You painted the wall. I like the new color.

(I kid, I kid)

This is fantastic. Great progress all the way around. The midsection change is dramatic but I can see definition in the shoulder and leg that wasn't there before too. Keep doing what you're doing.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Holy posture batman! Besides the obvious changes in your physique that stance is commanding and impressive. What a confident looking bikini babe. You have achieved success. Amaze :flowerforyou:
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!