Daily i am eating 1800 calories How much I am losing weekly?

Options
AamirKhan2016
AamirKhan2016 Posts: 91 Member
edited March 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Height: 5'10
current W: 242 lb
I am not weighing myself :neutral:

I know i should weigh myself actually i want to know that if my BMR is 2101 and TDEE around 2500. This is how i am creating deficit of 700 calories?
So i am losing 700*7= 4900 calories (1+ lb)

Exercise= 0 Minutes
Doing Leg Raise 40 x

Correct me if i am wrong?

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking accurately? Are you in a deficit?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    If you want to know then weigh yourself.

Nobody can tell you by the information you have provided.
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Are you even moving?

Why are you not weighing yourself?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Go to goal and see what it says you should eat to lose your goal weight. If you eat that plus exercise cals you should be losing close to your weekly goal amount.

differences can come up if you are burning less than you think, or eating more than you think (measurement errors)
  • AamirKhan2016
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »
    Go to goal and see what it says you should eat to lose your goal weight. If you eat that plus exercise cals you should be losing close to your weekly goal amount.

differences can come up if you are burning less than you think, or eating more than you think (measurement errors)

please again check my post?
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Didn't you post awhile ago about starting to smoke to lose weight? And walking like 12 miles a day?
  • AamirKhan2016
    Options
    Didn't you post awhile ago about starting to smoke to lose weight? And walking like 12 miles a day?

It was not about losing weight when i started smoking. That was a general question about effect of smoking on weight. Thanks to MFP i quit after smoking 12 cigarettes :p

Yeah i used to walk that much daily but due to exams I am not moving my *kitten* from my room for a month :(
    So trying to lose weight by creating deficit.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'10
    current W: 242 lb
    I am not weighing myself :neutral:

I know i should weigh myself actually i want to know that if my BMR is 2101 and TDEE around 2500. This is how i am creating deficit of 700 calories?
    So i am losing 700*7= 4900 calories (1+ lb)

Exercise= 0 Minutes
    Doing Leg Raise 40 x

Correct me if i am wrong?

If you know your TDEE is ~2500 then eating anywhere between 1800 - 2500 calories will result in weight loss. I'd advise you track accurately, though, i.e., using a food scale.
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    walk while studying. I used to do this in college. I would take my text book and walk the halls.. I still read and walk to this day, it's now a comfort thing haha..

Take breaks.. study for 2 hours, then walk for 15 mins ( outside if you can ). then back to studying for 2 hours.. rinse and repeat.. seriously, it will help you retain the information you are studying. it will also get you moving! Set an alarm clock or you will study when you need to walk.

• AamirKhan2016
    Options
    majigurl wrote: »
    walk while studying. I used to do this in college. I would take my text book and walk the halls.. I still read and walk to this day, it's now a comfort thing haha..

Take breaks.. study for 2 hours, then walk for 15 mins ( outside if you can ). then back to studying for 2 hours.. rinse and repeat.. seriously, it will help you retain the information you are studying. it will also get you moving! Set an alarm clock or you will study when you need to walk.

I'll try
  • AamirKhan2016
    Options
    :'(
  • AamirKhan2016
    Options
    waiting for more answers
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    waiting for more answers

What is you actual question?

If you deficit is 4900 cals/week then on average you should be losing 1.4lbs/week on average. Assuming your TDEE is what you estimate it to be and your logging is 100% accurate, otherwise you may not be losing at all or 2ish lbs/week.