• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    things you will need on MFP

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyA2We0bSJQlPr5t47ysMs5RD2uz6Um-kOAE4HyERQsH5odjyVQQ

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUUx6AOUaocNkzPS8XYfDNsPVvmsKrGxz732PMhCvP1fb5uAav-Q

pantiliners_thin_top_right_img.gif

001.jpg

51M917ztu4L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_SX385_SY500_CR,0,0,385,500_SH20_OU08_.jpg
  • JenCatwalk
    JenCatwalk Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    wow do not eaT WHAtever you want it does matter

Stop giving bad advice please.

^Second this. The only reason you should avoid anything is if you are allergic or have an existing medical condition that warrants this by your doctor or/and registered dietitian.

Yep this is true. So why not save some steps and just watch what you eat (macros) while at a calorie deflict for better results? Unless she isnt in a hurry.

How is that bad advice? Really I guess it depends on what your goals are. You can eat crap and still lose weight at a calorie deflict..but you're gonna look like crap. When it comes to body composition.. what you eat DOES matter. Eat good, look good. This has all been my experience anyway.

For weight loss, calories matter. For body composition, macros matter. For health, micronutrients matter.

Yep thats all true. Why not just watch what you eat (marcos) while eating at a calorie deflict for better results? Two birds with one stone. Unless she's not in a hurry.
  • hide_yo_cats
    hide_yo_cats Posts: 83 Member
    Options

^Second this. The only reason you should avoid anything is if you are allergic or have an existing medical condition that warrants this by your doctor or/and registered dietitian.
    How is that bad advice? Really I guess it depends on what your goals are. You can eat crap and still lose weight at a calorie deflict..but you're gonna look like crap. When it comes to body composition.. what you eat DOES matter. Eat good, feel good, look good. This has all been my experience anyway.

And I don't need a dietitian to tell me that a double cheese burger with fries and a coke is bad for me.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with a double cheeseburger with fries and a coke, as long as you don't have it twice a day, every day. Balance and moderation.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

001.jpg

51M917ztu4L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_SX385_SY500_CR,0,0,385,500_SH20_OU08_.jpg

Don't forget the whiskey for "interesting" forum days . . .

tumblr_mmg85yNN791r2du9bo1_500_zps3853df0c.gif
  • JenCatwalk
    Options

How is that bad advice? Really I guess it depends on what your goals are. You can eat crap and still lose weight at a calorie deflict..but you're gonna look like crap. When it comes to body composition.. what you eat DOES matter. Eat good, feel good, look good. This has all been my experience anyway.

And I don't need a dietitian to tell me that a double cheese burger with fries and a coke is bad for me.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with a double cheeseburger with fries and a coke, as long as you don't have it twice a day, every day. Balance and moderation.

I never said theres anything wrong with it. Hell I just ate a deep dish pizza. I just said its obviously not the best food for you, some of those foods are just plain deteriorating to your health really. Youre right about moderation and balance.. which in turn doesn't make it so bad.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    ^ Yep. Weirdos. The lot of them.

Oh, I see on your profile that you like to bake cakes. What about pie?

cake > pie

:huh:

Sorry, just the way it is.

Unless it's pie a la mode. But that's pulling a whole new food category into it, which could get divisive, as the discussion would just end up about poptart ice cream sandwiches. That, in turn would lead to debates about poptarts versus toaster streudels, which would tear the MFP community apart, and that would be sad, considering OP just got here and all.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

Yep this is true. So why not save some steps and just watch what you eat (macros) while at a calorie deflict for better results? Unless she isnt in a hurry.

How is that bad advice? Really I guess it depends on what your goals are. You can eat crap and still lose weight at a calorie deflict..but you're gonna look like crap. When it comes to body composition.. what you eat DOES matter. Eat good, look good. This has all been my experience anyway.

For weight loss, calories matter. For body composition, macros matter. For health, micronutrients matter.

Yep thats all true. Why not just watch what you eat (marcos) while eating at a calorie deflict for better results? Two birds with one stone. Unless she's not in a hurry.

I ate Marco one time.., in the early nineties. What a reminisce I'm about to have.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

001.jpg

Don't forget the whiskey for "interesting" forum days . . .

tumblr_mmg85yNN791r2du9bo1_500_zps3853df0c.gif

that's what the bevmo card was for. I thought she could pick her own poison.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

I ate Marco one time.., in the early nineties. What a reminisce I'm about to have.

Oh be nice, especially considering the whole disagreement was because of your typo. :laugh:

:flowerforyou:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

Oh be nice, especially considering the whole disagreement was because of your typo. :laugh:

:flowerforyou:
    i didn't typo, i literally meant eat WHENever she wants. but yeah if you're still leary of me from my behavior on cashier thread, I can take it. I understand. my bad.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    i didn't typo, i literally meant eat WHENever she wants. but yeah if you're still leary of me from my behavior on cashier thread, I can take it. I understand. my bad.

:laugh:

tumblr_m8lqwqyUpg1rvgbf0o1_250_zps09e1ed27.gif

ETA: oh I see, melindasue misread your post, so I did too I guess. :blushing:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

A double cheeseburger with fries aren't bad in moderation. Meat, cheese, bread, potatoes..yummmm...
  • autumny70
    autumny70 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    In for pie.
  • JenCatwalk
    Options

:huh: Anyway. Lol.
  • JenCatwalk
    Options

A double cheeseburger with fries aren't bad in moderation. Meat, cheese, bread, potatoes..yummmm...

Wwwwhhhyyyy does it have to be in moderation tho whyyyy? Ain't nothin like a double cheeseburger from whata***** and extra large fries... :drinker:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

Wwwwhhhyyyy does it have to be in moderation tho whyyyy? Ain't nothin like a double cheeseburger from whata***** and extra large fries... :drinker:

So. . . what's behind those stars?? :huh:

:laugh:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Because I have to leave room for the steaks, ice cream, pies, poptarts, and such.

Especially if I want to eat whole foods....and by that I mean the whole chicken :P hahahaha
  • JenCatwalk
    Options

Because I have to leave room for the steaks, ice cream, pies, poptarts, and such.

Especially if I want to eat whole foods....and by that I mean the whole chicken :P hahahaha

I am officially jealous of your diet.. :tongue:

Oh and the stars are supposed to be bit ch. Whatabit ch. I used to work there and we all called it that. Fun times.
  • youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    Options

I'm so glad someone else said this, so I didn't have to.

Btw, add me if you want :smile:
  • doublethinandtonic
    Options
    Oh wow guys, so many messages. so many friends. So many weirdos. I'm the words of Beyonce 'I AM SO BLESSED'.

I think I've got it straight, stop me if I'm wrong ....

1. Eat whatever you want, whenever you want.
    2. Eat Marco (I don't know any Marco's, but I know a Marcus so I'm going to give him a ring tonight)
    3. Cheeseburgers are ok as part of a balanced diet (so maybe a cheeseburger for breakfast, skip the cheese and just have a hamburger for lunch, fillet o fish/chicken sammich for dinner?)
    4. Pie makes you popular.
    5. PIE IS CAKE!?!? Man, this one blew me away. I'm learning so much on my path to health and vitality.