Detox and cleanse?

Options

Replies

• whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I encourage you to do the cleanse and detox of your choice and then come back and tell us exactly what it "flushed" or "cleansed" or "detoxed" based on medical labwork, and how much weight you lost and kept off several months later, NOT COUNTING any weight lost from simply counting calories.
  • _Casandraa_
    _Casandraa_ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I lost about 12lbs on a 10 day detox. It worked for me and it wasn't expensive.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    i prepped for a colonoscopy, does that count? Not even fun btw
    Lol I've heard that stuff you have to drink is disgusting

Oh, it's not the stuff you drink that's disgusting, it's the results that follow. Quick weight loss ;)
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »

Oh, it's not the stuff you drink that's disgusting, it's the results that follow. Quick weight loss ;)

No the stuff you drink is disgusting too. It's hard to get down. Funny thing is that my colonoscopies usually happen when I am flaring bad and already going 30+ times a day so the prep was just an average day for me.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

No the stuff you drink is disgusting too. It's hard to get down. Funny thing is that my colonoscopies usually happen when I am flaring bad and already going 30+ times a day so the prep was just an average day for me.

This. I hard a time finishing the movi-prep, it came out both ends at the same time. It was horrific.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    *sigh* Say you need leeches to cleanse the bad blood, and people will find it ridiculous. Say you need supplements or special diets to cleanse the toxins by pooping, and people want to sign up.

It shouldn't be this hard to convince people that weight loss through pooping, peeing, and insufficient food is bad. It really shouldn't.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options

That sucks!
  • singingflutelady
    Options

This. I hard a time finishing the movi-prep, it came out both ends at the same time. It was horrific.

Go lytely (ironic name) is worse
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    I did movi-prep and I didn't find it as bad as I expected. Of course, I was on a soft diet for about 32hrs prior to starting the prep...
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Are detoxes and cleanses good for helping weight loss? I know they're beneficial in other ways but can they also help drop those lbs?

BTW looking to add more encouraging and motivational friends!

Nope, and they are most certainly not beneficial in other ways.

They are utterly and completely useless.
    This. Save your money and sanity, OP.

And yes, I have tried them. Gimmicks, useless gimmicks that make one very hangry.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Nope. Waste of time and money. I can't think of a single thing they'd be beneficial for either.
    Detoxes that flush your liver are very beneficial.
    No such thing. Your liver is a filter. You don't "clean" it. It "cleans" you. If it was dysfunctional, then drinking or consuming a product orally isn't going to fix it. It's hype pseudoscience by sellers of product.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Maybe someone who's actually done either one would be better suited to answer the question js.
    No because if they really understood physiology, then would have never embarked on doing them in the first place. People that do them will give you anecdotes..............which really aren't good evidence.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Read this as 'detox and cheese' lol - not enough coffee yet.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I did a 10 day cleanse almost a year ago and I've lost 30 pounds since then. It was a pretty rigorous cleanse and you have to follow it very closely to see the results, but I would highly recommend it. In my opinion, it works just as well, if not better, than all the other cleanses and detoxes out there.
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    I did a 10 day cleanse almost a year ago and I've lost 30 pounds since then. It was a pretty rigorous cleanse and you have to follow it very closely to see the results, but I would highly recommend it. In my opinion, it works just as well, if not better, than all the other cleanses and detoxes out there.

Since none of them work of course it works as well ;)
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

Didn't you read the part where I've lost 30 pounds since the cleanse? Of course it works.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    So you lost 30 pounds in 10 days? You statement that you've lost 30 pounds since the cleanse means nothing. You've lost weight because you've eaten fewer calories than you burned, not because of the cleanse.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Quit lying. All you did was cut your beard off for that weight loss. ;)

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• singingflutelady
    Options

Didn't you read the part where I've lost 30 pounds since the cleanse? Of course it works.

That's because you are eating less than you burn. It has nothing to do with the cleanse. What did you cleanse yourself of anyways?
This discussion has been closed.