Eating

Options
Mandi98U
Mandi98U Posts: 115 Member
edited March 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Lately I feel like I've been forcing myself to eat before bed because I have the calories and I'm afraid I won't have any energy the next day if I don't. I started working out more recently and I'm not even eating back those calories but the thought of food makes me want to be sick. Any advice .... If it helps I'm 5'8 weight 152 (135 is my goal) 18 years old and I've lost 90 pounds so far since February 2015. I have an open diary of that helps and I try to eat 1200 calories a day

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    You could easily get more calories by simply eating the regular version of things instead of light or sugar free versions.
    Eat full fat dairy, chicken thighs instead of boneless skinless chicken breast, regular salad dressing. Eat a banana with peanut butter. Have some hummus or guacamole with veggies or pita chips. Drink some milk or a smoothie. Eat some nuts. Eat a potato or some rice.
    Check out this list of calorie dense foods-> http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1
    Try prelogging your food to make sure you can get enough calories and protein with your food choices.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Save the calories for an extra snack the next day? That's what I do. Stuffing yourself for the sake of a target is not ordered eating imo. In my experience the hunger catches up at some point- by which time you have a pile of calories you can 'spend'.

Its only if your appetite disappears for a long time that I'd worry and then try to eat more- but the odd day won't hurt.