Stalled!!

Options
Well I've stalled for the last few weeks and even put on a lb and 1/2, so easy to put on weight

Replies

• cme4bb
    cme4bb Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Me too! So frustrating!! Have you adjusted your calorie goals??
  • Dvdgzz
    Dvdgzz Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear. Water weight can mask fat loss on the scale. The mirror and the way clothes fit should be showing progress. If not, you may need to adjust the calories or move more. I would give it at least 3-4 weeks first though.
  • Jayz395
    Jayz395 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    cme4bb wrote: »
    Me too! So frustrating!! Have you adjusted your calorie goals??

Yea and started working out this week aswell see if that helps, t25. Got bout 7 lb to reach my goal
  • Jayz395
    Options
    Dvdgzz wrote: »
    Weight loss is not linear. Water weight can mask fat loss on the scale. The mirror and the way clothes fit should be showing progress. If not, you may need to adjust the calories or move more. I would give it at least 3-4 weeks first though.

Yea started working out so that should help I hope
  • andrewjbaker1984
    andrewjbaker1984 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    To be honest mate I've always allowed myself a bit of a weight gain for a few weeks (maybe a couple of lbs in total) after losing decent amounts of weight over a couple of months.

I always think of it as a bit of a holiday. As long as you don't put all of or most of the weight back on and you get back on it, where's the harm? You've got to live your life as well.

Obviously this only works if you have long term goals
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I always go back to the basics that I know work for me. Accurate logging, strict adherence to calorie and exercise goals, pre-logging and routine are the things that got me this far.

Go back to what you know works for you.
  • Dvdgzz
    Options
    Jayz395 wrote: »
    Dvdgzz wrote: »

Yea started working out so that should help I hope

For me personally, beginning to weight train can cause weight gain to be honest, lol. But it's from possible inflammation from tearing the muscle and also I don't know the exact science but it seems like my muscles look fuller so there has to be something with possible water retention for repair. It may not be the case with everyone but it happens to me. That's why I mention the mirror because even though my weight stalled for a month, I could see visual changes for the better.

Just don't be a slave to the scale. It does not tell the full story. Good luck, man!

• Dvdgzz
    Options
    This is a nice short article on water weight masking fat loss on the scale. http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html/
  • Jayz395
    Options
    Cheers guys :smile: